Normal/Casual Speedruns? *spoilers*

#1MogKnightAzurePosted 2/18/2013 2:46:39 PM
Anyone else try this? I just completed the game with a save file at Grima clocking in at 1:36 but I'm sure I could optimize it much better... running out of javelins on CH. 23 ended up wasting much more time than I wanted to. I could have probably stopped bringing extra units on rout missions much earlier too.

Anyone got a faster time? Think Sub 1-hour is possible?
#2Sevi_neyPosted 2/18/2013 2:48:34 PM
a ahaha awesome
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#3motsinactionPosted 2/18/2013 2:48:40 PM
MU/Chrom solo, just let the enemies flock you to save time, use magic.
#4MogKnightAzure(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:52:32 PM
motsinaction posted...
MU/Chrom solo, just let the enemies flock you to save time, use magic.

See, thats obviously the way to go, but, I used Chrom as the attacker for Aether, I had assumed it would be necessary to make healing a non-issue. By the time you get Aether, most chapters become 'kill commander' chapters, so I just ran him in alone and he slaughtered everything that came near him.

I second sealed him once but I wonder if it would be better to leave him as he is upon hitting 20 to avoid staring at more level ups.
#5MAtt5TERPosted 2/18/2013 2:55:47 PM
Are you using Renown Awards? Boots and Naga's Tears will be very useful.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#6MogKnightAzure(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:00:16 PM(edited)
Oooh I didn't even think to use renown rewards, shoot. Boots for sure would make a pretty significant difference.

Edit: Of course, I am nowhere near that much renown.
#7MAtt5TERPosted 2/18/2013 3:00:52 PM
Well, true speedruns wouldn't use them anyway. Starting off new games with Renown Awards is basically New Game+.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#8WestbrickIIIPosted 2/18/2013 3:02:04 PM
1:36 is very impressive, even on Normal. I assume your strategy is MU abuse followed by a Sorcerer reclass, right?
#9MogKnightAzure(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 8:54:10 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
1:36 is very impressive, even on Normal. I assume your strategy is MU abuse followed by a Sorcerer reclass, right?

Nah I just auto my way through up to about chapter 11, at that point dump all stat boosters into chrom, promote to great lord, pair with FeMU forever and go to town

Lances are key for javelins and aether heals sufficiently enough.

In options, skip all animations for units you dont control. The result is for the most part the only time your screen is not black is when you level up or die. Press start to skip all other cutscenes and its quite an impressive speed to blow through the game with.

I can do it faster... if I can boost chrom to that invincible point just a bit earlier... and fix other mistakes I made on the way, I could do better. Aiming for sub 1-hour
#10srsgamer87Posted 2/19/2013 3:14:32 PM
keep us updated :). i was thinking of speedrunning this game since I love watching speedrunners on Twitch. looks so much fun.

I'm grinding for Renown rewards atm. Those +2 movement boots will make such a difference.

Do you have a YouTube channel? Would be interesting to watch a segemented run.