POLL: Fire Emblem Smash Bros. poll

#41Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:03:35 PM
mada7 posted...

I dont see it happening for the main game because he was pretty much a clone of marth and if they put him back in the game he'd still be pretty much a clone of marth then when you realize that the only major knock against melee was the stupid number of clones the odds of one of the removed clones returning seems quite low even more so when you factor in that Roy hasnt been in his own game since the one fire emblem game he was in.

Roy was planned to be in Brawl (along with Mewtwo). Sakurai said he had more characters planned (likely the Forbidden 7), but could not get them in due to time constraints. People don't complain about clones (usually) unless the clone is an alterego of an already existing character (see Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu). Toon Link was well-received though.

Also, clones in Brawl played much differently than their original counterparts, and clones don't even keep original characters out of the game (Sakurai has said that the effort to make six clones is about that to make one fully original character).
---
Play It Loud
#42AtmosOmegaPosted 2/18/2013 10:08:12 PM
I find the poll adorable.
It implies people actually play the non-Marth FE character in those games. (I kid! I kid!)
---
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.
Cruel DRM can only flourish if you let it.
#43mada7Posted 2/18/2013 10:17:44 PM
Snakey posted...
mada7 posted...

I dont see it happening for the main game because he was pretty much a clone of marth and if they put him back in the game he'd still be pretty much a clone of marth then when you realize that the only major knock against melee was the stupid number of clones the odds of one of the removed clones returning seems quite low even more so when you factor in that Roy hasnt been in his own game since the one fire emblem game he was in.

Roy was planned to be in Brawl (along with Mewtwo). Sakurai said he had more characters planned (likely the Forbidden 7), but could not get them in due to time constraints. People don't complain about clones (usually) unless the clone is an alterego of an already existing character (see Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu). Toon Link was well-received though.

Also, clones in Brawl played much differently than their original counterparts, and clones don't even keep original characters out of the game (Sakurai has said that the effort to make six clones is about that to make one fully original character).

Im not saying it would stop original characters from being in the game but it just clutters up the lineup of characters to give the illusion of choice. I really dont see the tangible benefit to bringing in yet another man with sword into a game that already has quite a few of them already theyre the sony equivalent of man with gun that if theyre going to include yet another one there should be something very distinct that the other men with swords dont already do
---
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
#44Cococrash11Posted 2/19/2013 7:38:45 PM
I vote for Lyndis and also pick My Unit.
#45BTzzPosted 2/19/2013 7:46:20 PM
I would say 'next FE protagonist' should have been an option.

Super Smash Bros. isn't coming out anytime soon and who knows, we could see a new Fire Emblem game by that point, especially considering the game came out almost a year ago in Japan.
#46TyrantKnightPosted 2/19/2013 7:53:22 PM
Hector. We need an axe wielder.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#47jeffdogworthyPosted 2/19/2013 7:54:37 PM
I would've preferred Ephraim just because he's a Lance user, it'd spice things up a bit.