I hope that this game makes Nintendo start taking Fire Emblem more seriously

#1SpiegaPosted 2/18/2013 4:34:08 PM
Now don't get me wrong, I like Mario and Pokemon and Zelda and stuff, but let me just cut right to the chase and make a bold statement here.

Fire Emblem is by and far the best Nintendo franchise of all time, and I've been a die hard fan of the series ever since FE 7 hit American shores. The gameplay, characters, settings, difficulty, and in the case of PoR/RD, story, are all superbly well done and make for a very engaging experience. However, due to other Nintendo exclusives being much more popular and celebrated, Fire Emblem always seemed to get shafted in some way or another.

Fire Emblem Awakening has done an amazing job at letting everyone out there know just how kick ass this franchise is, and how capable it is of standing toe to toe with some of the other more popular gaming franchises of today. This game has been on extremely high demand since even before the official release day, and low production rates have done nothing but either slow down sales or force people to pay for digital copies, which, they would not have been willing to do otherwise.

So, long story short, I hope Nintendo understands now that this franchise can most definitely hang with the best of them, and deserves the same amount of courtesy as Mario, Pokemon and Zelda. Fire Emblem is one of those titles that they can announce at any time and expect there to be hype for each release.
#2RaltriosPosted 2/18/2013 4:36:40 PM
Spiega posted...
best Nintendo franchise of all time

Stopped there. Golden Sun, Pokemon, and Zelda say hi.
Very good, yes, but not the best.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991
#3LuminozeroPosted 2/18/2013 4:36:46 PM
NoA*

NoJ already loves FE. It's part of the Big Three there (Mario, Link, Marth).
---
It's Vaike time!
#4Spiega(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:39:02 PM
Luminozero posted...
NoA*

NoJ already loves FE. It's part of the Big Three there (Mario, Link, Marth).

In Japan, Pokemon is a phenomenon. Its miles ahead of all three of the names you mentioned there.
#5Hejiru206Posted 2/18/2013 4:39:31 PM
Luminozero posted...
It's part of the Big Three there (Mario, Link, Marth).

Wait, what?

Is this true? Most people consider the "big three" to be either Mario, Zelda, Pokemon or Mario, Zelda, Metroid. I mean, I know Metroid isn't popular in Japan, but still.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#6TinyosiPosted 2/18/2013 4:41:21 PM
I highly doubt FE tops Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda in any region. I love the series but its unlikely. Pokemon sells too well in Japan.
#7Spiega(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:42:25 PM
Raltrios posted...
Spiega posted...

I've never liked Golden Sun. Its so similar to Final Fantasy, and pretty much every RPG follows that standard. Fire Emblem however, does not, and is much more original in its gameplay style. It doesn't even resemble Final Fantasy in the least, while pretty much every other RPG does in some way, shape or form.

I... can't really argue with Pokemon.

Zelda is tough to compare with Fire Emblem, mainly because one is an adventure game and the other is a strategy game. However, I can openly admit that while I do enjoy Zelda games from time to time, I have never played one from start to finish without getting incredibly bored at one point or another.
#8WestbrickIIIPosted 2/18/2013 4:43:09 PM
Raltrios posted...
Spiega posted...

Stopped there. Golden Sun,

I lol'd
#9Progamer2003Posted 2/18/2013 4:44:02 PM
FE and SRPGs in general are niche games. It may be bigger in Japan, but it's still no Mario and Zelda.
---
The sword from your heart is the mightiest weapon of all. Believe in it, and it shall defeat your greatest enemies.
#10-BrokenSpiral-Posted 2/18/2013 4:45:27 PM
Raltrios posted...

I used to love Golden Sun. Like, really adore it. But then you go back and play it and you realise just how bad it is, especially the writing. I still like it for nostalgia reasons, however.