Hard or Lunatic?

#1LostKnightPosted 2/18/2013 4:40:14 PM
Right now I'm playing through for the first time on normal classic. I used to play normal on previous Fire Emblems, so I stuck with that this time around. However, I didn't realize how much DLC map abuse I would wind up doing. I sorta miss some of the mini heart attacks or frustration in restarting a map because of a bad move on my part.

The only time I've tried Hard mode was with the first stateside released FE game (with Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector).

My question is, when I finish my playthrough on normal classic (still trying to figure out if I should just plow through the story now and start a new game or not), should I do it on Hard or Lunatic?
---
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#2BowtotheTWIGPosted 2/18/2013 4:43:14 PM
Hard mode will be more like the Normal mode you're used to

Lunatic mode is crazy hard and should not be attempted until you've beaten hard
---
Top Solo Lulu Guide: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=28448
20 different Final Fantasy Ratings in Quote.
#3Rasb_BurrisePosted 2/18/2013 4:43:57 PM
You've never tried Hard Mode even once before? Because FE Normal modes are pretty easy games. I would suggest not even playing Normal mode in this game. It's more akin to Easy Mode, to be honest. Hard Mode is likely Normal Mode.
---
"I buy sausage" - Haruhi from K-On?: Fumoffu
#4VentusXIIPosted 2/18/2013 4:49:09 PM
Hard Mode in this game is the functioning Normal. Normal mode in this game is the functioning Easy. Lunatic is basically...typical FE hard mode x 3. When you beat Lunatic, DO NOT even ATTEMPT Lunatic+.
---
285/300 BTs! After a year's worth of trying, finally got FAM!
Awaiting Resident Evil 6 and Zelda 3DS.
#5LostKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:49:27 PM
Rasb_Burrise posted...
You've never tried Hard Mode even once before? Because FE Normal modes are pretty easy games. I would suggest not even playing Normal mode in this game. It's more akin to Easy Mode, to be honest. Hard Mode is likely Normal Mode.

I have, with Rekka no Ken. I got through most of it but then I got bored and moved onto other games.

But thanks for the suggestions, hopefully Hard will be more of what I've been missing.
---
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening