Kotaku made another post about FE13.

#11EmeralDragon23Posted 2/18/2013 5:55:50 PM
All these people talking about Frederick must never have played a Fire Emblem game before, every single one has an already promoted knight of some kind at the beginning that tears through everything that so much as looks at you sideways, but is a massive waste of xp to actually use.

Problem is that this game actually made him necessary in Lunatic D:

we all know Jeigan characters exist.

But as you said, Frederick is one of the few that you actually need to survive. Dude saves your ass so many times early in the game.
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D, The Last Story, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All
#12Is_CorruptedPosted 2/18/2013 5:56:15 PM
liltagg posted...
All these people talking about Frederick must never have played a Fire Emblem game before, every single one has an already promoted knight of some kind at the beginning that tears through everything that so much as looks at you sideways, but is a massive waste of xp to actually use.

Many of them can solo the game anyway, so other units are actually hogging exp from them.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#13iammaxhailmePosted 2/18/2013 5:56:49 PM
There are people who still haven't realized how bad Kotaku is?

Kotaku makes IGN look like Rock Paper Shotgun
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#14liltaggPosted 2/18/2013 5:57:10 PM
EmeralDragon23 posted...

we all know Jeigan characters exist.

But as you said, Frederick is one of the few that you actually need to survive. Dude saves your ass so many times early in the game.

oh I didn't mean nobody knew, just meant the people that are actually surprised Frederick is so good and tearing through stuff early game.
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif
#15ArreiPosted 2/18/2013 6:00:31 PM
Um... what was wrong with the article? It mirrored my Fred use exactly, he began as a one man army that was there if I needed a bailout, but surely enough, he was outclassed as the other units grew stronger, and nkw just supports Cordelia as a General, never to see frontline duty again.
#16duranmanXPosted 2/18/2013 6:03:28 PM
liltagg posted...

Ever heard of Seth? or Oifey?

IMO Frederick is the most overpowered character, just look at what's in the inside of his armour, that's right a suit
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#17QuasiSealPosted 2/18/2013 6:04:08 PM
liltagg posted...

I was thinking the exact same thing.