Griffon Knights

#1Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/18/2013 8:24:31 PM
Should Griffon Knights become their own class tree? - Results (42 votes)
Yes
66.67% (28 votes)
No
33.33% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What do you think?

I think they should. They should return as a sword wielding flying class, completing the weapon triangle in the sky. One of their promotion trees (assuming the next game still has split promotions) should get bows.

What do you think?
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#2BhelliumPosted 2/18/2013 8:26:37 PM
I like them as a good middle ground between pegasus and wyvern... but they just came out of nowhere.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#3PinnaParkPosted 2/18/2013 8:28:12 PM
Having Griffon Knights as a promoted class from Wyvern Knight is pretty... awkward. I turned Cherche into one and it's pretty funny seeing her refer to Minerva as a wyvern still when, well, she's riding a griffon.
#4FireDragoon18Posted 2/18/2013 8:29:36 PM
PinnaPark posted...
Having Griffon Knights as a promoted class from Wyvern Knight is pretty... awkward. I turned Cherche into one and it's pretty funny seeing her refer to Minerva as a wyvern still when, well, she's riding a griffon.

Obviously Minerva grew feathers.

... and a beak.
---
[Tu fui, ego eris.]
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif
#5BhelliumPosted 2/18/2013 8:31:26 PM
Evolution, it's just science. Dragons are pretty much just flying dinosaurs, right?

I'll always say they missed a huge opportunity not giving Cherche and Gerome a unique model for Minerva though. Imagine them as a "Griffon" knight with Minerva just wearing a costume.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#6OmegChosenPosted 2/18/2013 8:34:43 PM
FireDragoon18 posted...
PinnaPark posted...

Obviously Minerva grew feathers.

... and a beak.

Minerva is cosplaying as a griffon obviously.
#7KalanyrPosted 2/18/2013 9:15:11 PM
So what would you replace Wyvern Lord with ?

Or would it be something like

Wyvern Rider \
------------------ Griffon Knight
Griffon Rider /
-----------------\ Griffon Rider Promote.

Though I don't think that'd work out great, since Wyvern Rider changing from Dragon type to Beast type when it goes Griffon Knight is really weird and one of a handful of times in the game that promoting does something really odd (Sorceror -> Dark Knight losing Dark Tomes, Archer -> Horse Knight losing Range 2-3 Bows, Myrmidon -> Assassin losing Myrmidon swords).

You'd probably need to come up with a different type of Physically focused power house for Wyvern's in contrast to the Wyvern Lord. Maybe an Axe and Sword wielder who's more speed focused (and lightly armored) than a Lord?

That still leaves the Griffon chain without any real distinctive niche though. I guess you could try and make them flying all rounders for one class (balanced stats (except Low Magic) and not sure what you'd do with the other promote (maybe go for movement 9 or let them wield bows ? )
#8UmuruPosted 2/18/2013 9:17:03 PM
Bhellium posted...
Evolution, it's just science. Dragons are pretty much just flying dinosaurs, right?

I'll always say they missed a huge opportunity not giving Cherche and Gerome a unique model for Minerva though. Imagine them as a "Griffon" knight with Minerva just wearing a costume.

Dragons evolve faster and within one individual like a Pokemon? :P
#9KalanyrPosted 2/18/2013 9:18:11 PM
Well Dragons can seal their power and turn into humans, so turning into a Griffon isn't that much of a stretch.
#10FireDragoon18Posted 2/18/2013 9:18:56 PM
You could just separate the Griffon Riders from the Wyvern Riders all together. Of course then you'd have to come up with a new class other than Wyvern Lord for Wyvern Riders.

... Bows. Archers on Wyverns. And then if the enemy attacks said Wyvern Archer directly, the Wyvern can counterattack for his/her master.

... Eh, sounds a bit farfetched but I want flying archers damn it.
---
[Tu fui, ego eris.]
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif