So, how exactly do you get Olivia to marry Chrom?

#1Xaldin0011Posted 2/18/2013 11:07:09 PM
Because I'm on turn 50 now of Chapter 11, leaving one enemy alive so I can grind hearts with them. At first I just had Olivia dance for Chrom, then moved the last enemy onto a fort and now have Olivia and an unarmed Chrom attacking him, then letting him heal, then attacking. I figure that's faster than dancing, but, with how long it's taking I'm feeling I could be wrong. >_>

Sumia and Sully are already married, and I kept Maribelle the hell away from him so she can't even activate a C support with him. Whenever I finish the stage, he marries the village girl.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#2occupation_bobPosted 2/18/2013 11:07:51 PM
If Chrom doesn't have anyone more eligible than Olivia, he'll automagically pick her.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#3Xaldin0011(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 11:09:56 PM
Doesn't appear to be the case, I mean, they've gotten tons of hearts together now.

I've fought that one guy so much, his weapon actually broke before I killed him.
---
#4OmegChosenPosted 2/18/2013 11:10:06 PM
Keep giving Chrom lap dances. Maybe till turn 100 or something.

Also, how does the village girl thing work out? I've always wondered how exactly that happens. Does Chrom just have this village girl he's been seeing on the side that no one knew about or does it just come out of nowhere or what? Do you see the village girl?
#5OCShoesPosted 2/18/2013 11:10:13 PM
Well. Do you go all the way through to the next chapter? It's hard to tell from the cutscene who he married (pretty sure it's the same cutscene and it's deliberately kept ambiguous)
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#6liltaggPosted 2/18/2013 11:11:03 PM
I just did this, I only did about 20 turns of Olivia dancing for Chrom and they married.

Only had a C rank support with Sumia (who was already married) and none to anyone else.
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif
#7KalanyrPosted 2/18/2013 11:13:33 PM
Crom only picks the Village girl if he's got 0 support with anyone left unmarried. This is good in a way, it means Crom has no support values with Maribelle, but its really odd because it means one Dance from Olivia on Crom should have made Crom marry her. Try having Olivia and Crom pair up , then have the combined team attack the enemy maybe ? That should get you a support point for every attack.
#8Xaldin0011(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 11:14:57 PM
Oh, okay, well, apparently I'm just dumb then.

He has been marrying Olivia, it just doesn't show it. It showed it with Sumia, so I just ASSUMED it would show it with the other girls, so when it said "and then Chrom got married" without saying who, I just assumed it was the village girl. I mean hell, it brought me to the save screen before showing me it was Olivia.

So guess I spent 60 turns dancing for nothing, lol. At least Olivia got EXP.
---
#9evilvideogamerPosted 2/18/2013 11:19:06 PM
Xaldin0011 posted...
Oh, okay, well, apparently I'm just dumb then.

He has been marrying Olivia, it just doesn't show it. It showed it with Sumia, so I just ASSUMED it would show it with the other girls, so when it said "and then Chrom got married" without saying who, I just assumed it was the village girl. I mean hell, it brought me to the save screen before showing me it was Olivia.

So guess I spent 60 turns dancing for nothing, lol. At least Olivia got EXP.

Yeah I saved on an empty file the first time since I was unsure
---
swagodile for life
Black: 0432 7698 4556
#10MalcyonPosted 2/18/2013 11:21:52 PM
1) Stay the **** away from Sumia/Maribelle/Sully/FeMU.

2) Pair the two up immediately at the start of Chapter 11 and destroy ****.