So, how exactly do you get Olivia to marry Chrom?

#11zavlinzPosted 2/18/2013 11:22:05 PM
question: is there any particular advantage to having him marry olivia? I did it because it seemed tricky so thought it might yield some interesting advantage.. but doesnt seem like it so far lol.
#12MalcyonPosted 2/18/2013 11:38:55 PM
zavlinz posted...
question: is there any particular advantage to having him marry olivia? I did it because it seemed tricky so thought it might yield some interesting advantage.. but doesnt seem like it so far lol.

I believe it gives the best stats to Lucina, also the only way Chrom can have a son outside of FeMU.
#13xanderfoxPosted 2/18/2013 11:58:24 PM
Support grind in the Arena with Reek Boxes. It's what I do, I send out 4 Units, and join them together then have one head for the sparkly area to the south and the other to the one in the north. If your units are high enough level they should easily survive all the attacks and wipe out the risen by attacking and counter attacking in a few turns. The sparkly areas give one of 4 things exp, weapon exp, items and increase the relationship of joined units.
#14RaykishinPosted 2/19/2013 12:06:36 AM
zavlinz posted...

A Lucina with Aether, Armsthrift, Galeforce and Righteous King.

An Inigo with the same set. Pair up any of these 2 with Lucina x MaleMU's child and it will rip a new hole in anything not named lunatic +
---
Huzzah!
#15Ace_StrifePosted 2/19/2013 12:09:21 AM
Malcyon posted...
zavlinz posted...

I believe it gives the best stats to Lucina, also the only way Chrom can have a son outside of FeMU.

No, I believe Sumia gives the best stats (and growth rates), iirc from what I saw on Serenes.

There's also the benefit of passing Galeforce on (it's easy to grind, even in Lunatic/+ with the Gold DLC, but continuous reclassing slows exp gain to crawl, so as Lucina and Cynthia may not want to be Dark Fliers forever, giving them Galeforce and allowing them never to touch Dark Flier is ideal; doing it once with Sumia is the way to go).

On the other hand, pairing Chrom and Olivia up should allow Lucina to get access to Myrmidon, and thus Astra, Vantage, and Lethality. Olivia can also pass on the Dark Flier class, but again, it's better if Lucina never has to touch that class for exp gain reasons, particularly for Lunatic/+. I made the mistake of making my MU a Sage after going Tactician/Mercenary/Hero/Grandmaster just for the novelty of it (Sage has always been one of my favorite classes), and he hardly gains any exp in Lunatic now. It'll probably be close to the endgame before he can reclass to Grandmaster again (on chapter 16; yes, I'm grinding like hell; I want to enjoy my first Lunatic run and get used to it before taking it seriously).
---
"Only good thing about Sephy was his music; Only thing he ever did was throw his mom at you and stab a flowergirl." - BattleJesus
#16MereMarePosted 2/19/2013 12:52:16 AM
Or pair Chrom with any of the uneligible females (Miriel, Anna, Nowi) up till Chapter 11.
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#17LightHawKnightPosted 2/19/2013 1:10:39 AM
Raykishin posted...
zavlinz posted...

A Lucina with Aether, Armsthrift, Galeforce and Righteous King.

An Inigo with the same set. Pair up any of these 2 with Lucina x MaleMU's child and it will rip a new hole in anything not named lunatic +

Inigo can't get Aether, cause Chrom only passes it down via his daughter.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."