Soo... Triangle attack is not in this game because... *maybe spoilers*

#1RaykishinPosted 2/19/2013 2:20:21 AM
Phila died? Making only 2 non child characters having default pegasus knight class.
---
Huzzah!
#2BhelliumPosted 2/19/2013 2:22:07 AM
more like it's not in the game because of doubling
i doubt the designers were particularly surprised that phila died, ruining their plans for triangle spam
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#3jonnovision1Posted 2/19/2013 2:23:31 AM
there's no triangle attack because they didn't want the game to have a triangle attack, they're shown that it doesn't have to be Peg. Knights only (Oscar/Boyd/Rolf's triangle attack) and they could have easily had Cynthia be the third.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#4ArreiPosted 2/19/2013 2:23:34 AM
Personally I felt that when reclassing exists, the triangle attack is kind of out of place. In FE12 you could reclass the pega-sisters to other classes, but they'd somehow still be able to pull off the special attack they rehearsed despite now using totally different fighting styles.
#5Raykishin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 2:27:41 AM
Well if that's the case wouldn't a parent x parent x child be viable for the new triangle attack? Tho the requirements itself are impractical still it had a sense of nostalgia.
---
Huzzah!
#6jonnovision1Posted 2/19/2013 2:29:05 AM
Raykishin posted...
Well if that's the case wouldn't a parent x parent x child be viable for the new triangle attack? Tho the requirements itself are impractical still it had a sense of nostalgia.

like I said, they could have included it if they wanted, but they didn't, it's not a result of any missing parts like Phila dying.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#7BhelliumPosted 2/19/2013 2:37:37 AM
Seriously, it's not like the being related thing is some requirement. For one thing it isn't even always family does it.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#8AegisAngelPosted 2/19/2013 2:40:02 AM
Perhaps the idea was "replaced" with Pair Up?
#9NextgrandcrossPosted 2/19/2013 8:22:00 AM
They could've had a Triangle attack with Sumia, Cordelia, and Cynthia, being they all start out as Pegasus Knights by default, but I guess not.
#10KingofDeceit666Posted 2/19/2013 8:54:32 AM
Totally. The designers were all set to add the triangle to the game and then they were told that Phila dies and were all like, "aww, man, now we can't put the triangle attack in the game at all! Oh well, let's move onto working on something else because we definitely couldn't still put it in but have other characters use it."

Story confirmed by devs.
---
http://tinyurl.com/a8lyhvl