Do people look down on casual?

#1katellaPosted 2/19/2013 4:27:51 AM
On lunatic+ with minimal grinding, only from gold dlc for good equipment. Im pretty much at a roadblock on my second playthrough, pretty sure i was just lucky on my first lunatic+ classic run(didnt even bother doing paralogues they were too hard D: ) and feel like its pretty much not going anywhere this time around. Sure, ive already beaten it and i dont expect any justification from that but what do you guys think? I wana get the paralogues and everything done so... should i start over and go casual? I cant decide here and my friends call me a nerd playing this game so i have no other second opinions :C
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
If I exist, female gamer's exist, deal with it.
#2jonnovision1Posted 2/19/2013 4:29:11 AM
hah, NERD!

but seriously, just play casual what does it matter what people think?
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#3TorajimaPosted 2/19/2013 4:31:46 AM
On Lunatic or Lunatic plus? Not so much.

On Normal/Hard? Yes, mostly because it makes the game too easy and you're not getting the "true" fire emblem experience.
#4wolfei132Posted 2/19/2013 4:34:07 AM
who cares if people look down on it or not? it's your game that you paid for, nobody has any right to dictate how you should play it.
#5SpikayaPosted 2/19/2013 4:36:21 AM
Play how you want to, seriously.
---
Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#6furixPosted 2/19/2013 4:36:58 AM
I've been thinking about it, and I think Lunatic+ Casual might be the perfect difficulty. Grind a bunch of over powered units that you can just do w/e with on maps.

iono really. If you are on Lunatic+ just do whatever you want lol
---
Ichi ni san~
#7motsinactionPosted 2/19/2013 4:40:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8IvynnPosted 2/19/2013 4:42:43 AM
It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Play it in a way that makes it fun for you. Who cares what others think.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/23u31wh.gif
#9KalanyrPosted 2/19/2013 4:47:56 AM
Mm. There does seem to be a tendency to look down on Normal and/or Casual (and even Hard to a lesser extent) here. And this is despite the fact that its pretty much next to impossible to get around that Lunatic is at times dependent on either breaking the game sideways or having the RNG love you.

I'm half getting the impression that the "true fire emblem experience" involves spending 6 hours on a single map and as far as I'm concerned said "experience" can shove it, its not even remotely what I find entertaining. But if that's how other people want to spend their time its not like I want Classic mode removed.

I would like a difficulty where enemies get normal skills and stats for their level and class though.
#10TorajimaPosted 2/19/2013 4:57:15 AM
Kalanyr posted...
I'm half getting the impression that the "true fire emblem experience" involves spending 6 hours on a single map and as far as I'm concerned said "experience" can shove it, its not even remotely what I find entertaining. But if that's how other people want to spend their time its not like I want Classic mode removed.

The experience involves actually usually strategy to beat maps, as normal casual requires none. And yes, part of the experience is being penalized for screwing up, either by being forced to replay a map, or losing a character forever.

That said, I have no problem with the inclusion of casual mode, and can understand why people who have little experience with strategy games would choose that mode. I'm not going to "look down" on anyone who plays normal/casual, but I do hope you try hard/classic on your second play-thru, I think you'll get more out of the game.