preliminary tier list

#21occupation_bobPosted 2/19/2013 11:11:29 AM
From my understanding... Cordelia usually has better stats than Sumia. Other than Galeforce, Sumia doesn't really have anything that amazing.

While Tharja seems to just wreck everything pretty easily.

I'd probably move Tharja up to A, Donnel up to B somewhere. Switch Sumia and Cordelia, and move Chrom down to A. Maybe Chrom would be the Top of the A because of story relevance and how he has to be alive.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#22bearclaw13Posted 2/19/2013 11:12:41 AM
fueled-system posted...
Again as I said in the other thread, Tiki can basically SOLO many parts of the lunatic map.

Her only flaw is the lack of classes and she comes a bit late

And being annoying to recruit, about 8 ranged (so no swords the most popular weapon type) units with good durability, and she isn't the best of her class in the end. Tiki went way up and could go higher.
#23thefinaloraclePosted 2/19/2013 11:15:18 AM
Ricken is not D level bad. Donnel does not deserve to be where he is and Maribelle is not that good.

I don't feel like pulling out the stats and blah blah blah.
---
College takes away all of your time to play videogames :'(
Official Archer dude of the Agito XIII Board
#24Is_CorruptedPosted 2/19/2013 11:16:55 AM
There's even someone joining so late as Flavia over Frederick. Lol.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#25DogscratchPosted 2/19/2013 11:23:00 AM
Frederick imo should be an SS tier (For purposes of this poll/list S tier)

-He has crappy growth
-Inferior to ANY unit in the game that has been promoted
-Awful SPD/Stats
-You will not use him past chapter 4 on Hard/Lunatic/Lunatic+

Why would this character possibly be rated above Morgan/Children/etc?

He is the -ONLY- way to get to Chapter 4(at least for 99% of the player base) on Lunatic/Lunatic+

The game cannot progress past those chapters for most players without heavy Frederick abuse - sure he is tossed aside like a chewed up toy after that.

While I know there are probably some people much more skilled than I am and are able to solo the first 4 chapters using MU wielding a stick/1 mt weapon, it is beyond the comprehension of myself and most of the people on here.

**again I said most, I know there are some especially gifted people on here that have baked up all kinds of weird strategies to get past odd situations**

But show me on valid/mainstream strategy to get up to and past chapter 4 Lunatic/Lunatic+ that does not involve Frederick? Or have him as an integral component as support/pair up to get through those first chapters.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#26moe44Posted 2/19/2013 11:25:34 AM
Model_Omega posted...
MAtt5TER posted...
Not really. The tier list goes:

-top-
Fred
Chrom

-bottom-
everyone else

because that's all you need to clear the game, even on the higher difficulties.

This game is not meant for a tier list.

I hope you're kidding, because I seriously doubt you can beat Lunatic with 3 charatcers only.

You can. Nosferatu.

In fact it's the easiest way to win.
#27bearclaw13Posted 2/19/2013 11:29:18 AM
moe44 posted...
Model_Omega posted...
MAtt5TER posted...
Not really. The tier list goes:

-top-
Fred
Chrom

-bottom-
everyone else

because that's all you need to clear the game, even on the higher difficulties.

This game is not meant for a tier list.

I hope you're kidding, because I seriously doubt you can beat Lunatic with 3 charatcers only.

You can. Nosferatu.

In fact it's the easiest way to win.

Avatar is the only one there that can use nosferatu
#28moe44Posted 2/19/2013 11:30:33 AM
bearclaw13 posted...

Avatar is the only one there that can use nosferatu

I...fail to see your point? Avatar is paired with Chrom at all time, you give him nosferatu, you win.
#29KevinCCPosted 2/19/2013 11:32:48 AM
Cherche should be S-tier - she's nearly impossible to kill with high stats save Magic and Resistance, completed the Brady Paralogue in ONE turn with no Pair Up, Rally, Dance, or anything save her Silver Axe, and is simply dominant on the battlefield.

Sumia and Cordelia, however, are not A-tier. Gregor, Nowi, Tharja, and Henry are, and a case can be made for Maribelle the mighty magical menace with the game's lowest Defense (Brady's Defense is about double hers, he's half her level, and the father was Ricken...).

There's also the fact that the kids are widely spread out themselves, and their non-mandatory parent can greatly affect them in terms of full capabilities... they should be on a separate list.
---
...as opposed to an average game.
#30Invader_SpoochPosted 2/19/2013 11:33:22 AM
children requiring grinding to be useful and that precludes them (Lucina and Morgan aside) from being of any practical use in higher difficulties (in Hard, the good gen 1 units can faceroll and are available for much longer and on Lunatic, some of the recruitment missions are so hard that you basically have to be overpowered already).

Anna requires no grinding, is available early, and can use Staves immediately and is not ORKOd by enemies on Lunatic.

You really need to specify a difficulty, although I would argue non Morgan and lucina kids are mid at best. In normal and Hard, everything facerolls and is available much earlier. In Lunatic, recruiting and training them is basically untenable without DLC grinding.