Would the game be better without second seals?

#1DunnoBroPosted 2/19/2013 10:48:52 AM
I feel like the game wasn't designed around them at all.
---
>Implying I don't actually know
#2IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 2/19/2013 10:50:53 AM
On the one hand I would no longer have OCD about cumulative levels

On the other hand the customization would be a lot more lacking and you might not be able to do MAX CAP STATS EVERYTHING

I guess I'd prefer having them in.
---
|N|M|E|
#3Kyle901Posted 2/19/2013 10:51:40 AM
I think so. I don't like the base class options or the infinite levels thing. Just feels like grinding is required because of it and grinding can completely break the game because of it. Bad design imo. I'd like to see them removed for the next game.
---
We never got an answer, The question slipped my mind
I've been so busy killing, That I haven't found the time
#4Langlais122Posted 2/19/2013 10:51:44 AM
You can choose not to use them so having them in just adds more customization for the people that want it.
---
Pokemon Black FC 0175 0620 3934
#5peter_888Posted 2/19/2013 10:55:09 AM
in this game?
not really since you basically have a world map system where you have infinite battles kind of . If you have a level cap, your game basically stops right there. One of the reasons why I thought Sacred Stones was kind of boring is that it didn't' really take account into the world maps system like awakening did.

in other games where you don't have a world map system?
yeah, it be better off without second seals.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#6DunnoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:09:59 AM
peter_888 posted...
in this game?
not really since you basically have a world map system where you have infinite battles kind of . If you have a level cap, your game basically stops right there. One of the reasons why I thought Sacred Stones was kind of boring is that it didn't' really take account into the world maps system like awakening did.

Then why have not have the second seals available only after you beat the game, and actually be able to play afterwards?

It still ruins the story mode's gameplay to have them accessible as soon as the menu is.
---
>Implying I don't actually know
#7fueled-systemPosted 2/19/2013 11:11:17 AM
I think that they could of at least made a decent effort to have characters that are not canon type classes at least look unique with the head instead of the generic preset

But no, that would be no fun
#8KrentarisPosted 2/19/2013 11:22:07 AM
I do think they need to be rebalanced somewhat, as early second sealing of an unpromoted class can make you crazy powerful (the cumulative levels somewhat mitigate this when changing between promoted classes - it's actually less efficient than remaining in the same.promoted class). Maybe have it so that it retains your actual level, and you only learn one skill at each skill level. The potential for unlimited leveling makes it difficult to properly balance by nature. There's probably a way of doing it somehow, though.
---
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
#9occupation_bobPosted 2/19/2013 11:22:08 AM
I think Fire Emblem is more challenging which results in more fun, when there's no world map and no infinite levels.

That said, Awakening is really fun. It provides a somewhat different experience. It's just at the end of the day, I want old Fire Emblem back.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#10Black_AssassinPosted 2/19/2013 11:42:13 AM
DunnoBro posted...
Then why have not have the second seals available only after you beat the game, and actually be able to play afterwards?

It still ruins the story mode's gameplay to have them accessible as soon as the menu is.

This would be nice.

The reclassing system feels like it reduces the uniqueness of characters.
"Oh, I really love my pegas-... wyvern."