Should I play FE7 before or after this?

#1podracer35Posted 2/19/2013 1:26:38 PM
I have both and the option to choose between one or the other to start. Which do you guys recommend I play/finish first? More likely than not, I'll take a long break after finishing one before starting the other.

So which one: FE7, or Awakening?
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/28lvyvc.jpg Bum, bum, buh-da-dum, Ba-dah-dah-dada Iroh man.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750
#2rhys855Posted 2/19/2013 1:28:00 PM
Play awakening it has far more content.
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#3FlyingDeCowPosted 2/19/2013 1:28:36 PM
The order you play them doesn't matter. What's important is that you play them both ;)
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#4samplonPosted 2/19/2013 1:29:28 PM
You should play FE7 first. If you play this first, you might get bored of FE7 faster because you will see how inferior it is to this game. This has a lot more content than FE7 too.
#5DahlVaughnniPosted 2/19/2013 1:29:28 PM
Hard to say. Once you play awakening, FE7 will seem ancient and clunky and missing a ton of features. On the other hand, if you play FE7 first, you'll get the itch to delve into awakening simply because it's new and it's a hot topic right now (games are always better when they're new and the community is bustling, especially now since awakening is so highly regarded).
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#6Strawberry_EggsPosted 2/19/2013 1:31:05 PM
I'd say finish the GBA one first. Awakening has all sorts of convinces that you'll miss if you played that first (grinding, skills, being able prepare more efficiently before a fight).
---
My 25 Most Favorite Games (and other tops)- http://www.unikgamer.com/members/strawberryeggs-786.html
#7WestbrickIIIPosted 2/19/2013 1:34:10 PM
Some of these replies are comic gold.

FE7 does a number of things better than Awakening, including story, pacing, map design, and difficulty. Awakening has a lot more content, but FE7 has a lot more polish. Which you get really depends on what kind of experience you're looking for, but you should play both eventually.
#8podracer35(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:36:57 PM(edited)
DahlVaughnni posted...
Hard to say. Once you play awakening, FE7 will seem ancient and clunky and missing a ton of features. On the other hand, if you play FE7 first, you'll get the itch to delve into awakening simply because it's new and it's a hot topic right now (games are always better when they're new and the community is bustling, especially now since awakening is so highly regarded).

How long is FE7? You make a valid point, and I am itching to play Awakening asap. I think it all depends how long FE7 will take for me to finish.

I'm a complete newbie to FE, so I just want a good game to introduce myself to the series. The Demo forAwakening played very well and I enjoyed it, and I've done the Prologue for FE7, which was also interesting. (and a lot clunkier than Awakening)
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/28lvyvc.jpg Bum, bum, buh-da-dum, Ba-dah-dah-dada Iroh man.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750
#9fatty_yaPosted 2/19/2013 2:22:13 PM
Play FE7 first because it's a more fundamental Fire Emblem game. It emphasizes on strategically leveling your units, spending money, and using weapons.

You can't really grind safely for EXP and money in FE7 unless you are using an emulator... you can still grind if you have the real cart, but it's much less predictable and more risky than grinding in Awakening. FE7 a much traditional FE in that respect.

Awakening is more evolved and isn't as traditional as FE7. Play the traditional one first.
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: 3909-8142-0974 wheel 9300-9700VR
Animal Crossing Wii FC: 1805-5749-4471 mooz @ DK MTN (that's DK[space]MTN)
#10HarvestrOfSoulsPosted 2/19/2013 2:36:12 PM
On the other hand, if you subscribe to a certain theory a main character from Awakening goes on to become a character in Blazing Sword/FE7. Granted it is probably more of an Easter Egg/continuity nod more than anything official, but the connection is there should you choose to believe it as canon.
---
PSN ID: Berselius
XBOX LIVE ID: HarvestrOfSouls