What are Griffon Knights for?

#1Mary_ContraryPosted 2/19/2013 3:45:03 PM
What is the strength of the Griffin Knight class? Sorry if this is obvious to others, but they're limited to just axes and don't seem to have any obvious role.

I'm fiddling around with Cherche and roles - I don't want to turn Minerva into a bird, but I already have a pretty terrific Wyvern Lord who is min-maxed out the wazoo.
#2MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/19/2013 3:46:25 PM
They get the carrier skil, which gives movement +2 when paired up with someone...
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#3imthestuntmanPosted 2/19/2013 3:46:31 PM
they have bad stats, one weapon type, the same weaknesses as any flying unit, and skills... well they arent very good and if you want them you dont have to actually use a griffon knight.

realistically they just kinda look cool. they are one of the most useless classes in the game.
#4Mary_Contrary(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:47:24 PM
@imthestuntman: That's what it looked like to me, just wasn't sure.
#5Model_OmegaPosted 2/19/2013 3:47:44 PM
1)- Skills
2)- New original class
3)- Better (Cooler) combat animations

That's about it :(
---
Flak Jacket: Survive multiple rockets and grenades exploding by your feet, scratch from a knife to your shin insta-kills you, seems pretty legit.
#6ArreiPosted 2/19/2013 3:47:59 PM
They really just seem to be a slightly faster and more accurate, but weaker Wyvern Lord who can only use axes and swaps the dragon weakness for a beast one. So... in between Falcon Knight and Wyvern Lord's what they were going for, I guess?
#7SupremeZeroPosted 2/19/2013 3:48:28 PM
They're basically Wyvern Lords that have a different weakness and are more Skill/speed centric.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#8MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/19/2013 3:49:03 PM
Model_Omega posted...
1)- Skills
2)- New original class
3)- Better (Cooler) combat animations

That's about it :(

I do like the animations...

I actually made Virion a Griffon Rider, just for the sake of trying a new class.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#9imthestuntmanPosted 2/19/2013 3:50:09 PM
it has 6 less strength than a wyvern lord, 5 more skill, 3 more speed, 6 less defense, the deliverer skill (+2 movement when paired up) and can only use axes. seriously it just looks kinda cool. that is the only reason this class exists.
#10AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 2/19/2013 3:50:19 PM
Someone has to take care of the griffons! You can't just leave them un-supervised.
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)