First GameFAQS Fire Emblem Awakening Draft Run anyone?

#1Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/19/2013 8:27:25 PM(edited)
Does anyone think they are bad enough dudes/dudettes to play this Draft Run? Do you want the honor of going down in history as the first Draft winner?

Anyways, I made a topic a while back about how we would do draft runs, and I may have figured it out... Here's a list of general rules of all draft runs:

General Rules
-You select a character from the game and "draft" them into your army.
-Only drafted characters may be used without penalty
-If you use an undrafted character, this will result in a penalty. Depending on the character and timing of said character, you will add points to your turn counts.
-Draft Runs are judged by the amount of turns it takes to beat the game. The less turns you have, the better chance you have of winning.
-There is an honor system, please be totally honest, it's just a fun competition.

Here are the special rules:

Awakening Rules
-Hard/Classic only
-Chrom and Avatar can be used, but Avatar is limited (I will talk about this later)
-Avatar CANNOT marry (you can get as many A supports as you like, but no S)
-Frederick trivializes a lot of game, so he's forbidden from being drafted.
-Lucina MUST be drafted in order to use her.
-Using Pair Up (or even dual attack/support, which is when units are adjacent_ with an undrafted character will result with a penalty.
-When you draft a mother, you also draft her child.
-Getting child characters is your choice, they will add to your turn count, so you have to decide if the kid is worth the turns.
-All automatically unlocked Paralouges must be done (Paralouges 1-4 and 17, doesn't matter if you didn't draft the character you may recruit there.)
-All mandatory paralouges must be completed within two chapters of receiving them. That means if you get one after Chapter three, you must do it before doing chapter 5. If you do not, you suffer a 20 turn penalty and for each chapter you don't do it, it's another 20.
-No Spotpass units/items/chapters/anything
-You can only pair people you drafted (and Chrom, but if you didn't draft an eligible partner, he gets the village girl)
-No dlc, Spotpass, ore Risen fights. If a Risen is standing on a store you need to go into, well sorry, but you're SOL (You may dismiss spotpass teams though, no buying or recruiting!).
-You can buy whatever you want from wherever you want.
-No barracks. You may get an unfair advantage.
-Sparkling Tiles are okay, but you can't use the items.

If there's anything you want clarified or any questions about the rules I set, feel free to ask. This is a learning experience for everyone.

So, about the Avatar thing I mentioned, s/he is going to be handled in a specific way. You will be able to use them during the entire game, but there's a twist.

Normally, the Avatar has every class, but during this run, we're limiting them. I will setup a random number generator (hey look, I'm Anna!) and it will spit out three base classes you will use (on top of Strategist, which makes it four classes). So for example, the RNG hands you Mage, Cavalier, and Myrmidon, you will be able to use those classes (and strategist/grandmaster) ONLY. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Now, for gender, it's up to you, ONLY if the RNG didn't give you a gender specific class. So if it gave you the above list, you can pick any gender you please, but if it gave you Pegasus Knight/Troubadour instead of Mage, you are locked into a female. Same thing for Fighter/Barbarian

As for asset/flaw, that's your choice. You can select it after you get your classes and choose your gender.

So, who's up for it? I'll make a list of penalties and maybe a list of the RNG values I'll use soon.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#2Dota2Posted 2/19/2013 7:38:28 PM
i did this once by myself

was pretty boring.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/ibwUNkVozoxMEu.gif
#3jrmmd2008Posted 2/19/2013 7:38:53 PM
Hell i'll always try (i'll probably be terrible though XD )
---
"How many Cons does Canas' wife have?"
"Not enough to properly wield a snow storm" -Good times on the FE7 board
#4Brady672_AT_fan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:41:23 PM
Early changes to the rules I forgot to mention:

-No barracks. You may get an unfair advantage.
-Sparkling Tiles are okay, but you can't use the items.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#5SlashReturnsPosted 2/19/2013 7:41:53 PM
Hmm Maybe, though idk if I can go without my child Dx. I like Morgan
---
3DS Friend Code: 2466-1384-6130
#6jrmmd2008Posted 2/19/2013 7:45:06 PM
why no using event tile items?
---
#7TodasmilePosted 2/19/2013 7:46:43 PM
jrmmd2008 posted...

Imagine you get like Gaius's Confect or Aversa's Night or something and somebody else gets a Log.

Not really fair.
---
I lol'd. Literally. I said "lol" out loud. ~ KasaiAisu1
Bold things are usually important... and distracting.
#8Brady672_AT_fan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:48:16 PM(edited)
jrmmd2008 posted...

Would you like it if someone got multiple Aversa's Nights while you got nothing but logs? I'm trying to take out some wild cards. I just want it to be a fair game.

Wow, the last guy totally called it.
---
#9PhrenzZephyrPosted 2/19/2013 7:48:34 PM(edited)
Sounds pretty fun. I'm far from good at this game, but I'll join in.

EDIT: Holy jeesus, Todasmile, is that you? It's been forever!
#10jrmmd2008Posted 2/19/2013 7:49:08 PM
I guess, it just seems like most of the whimsically fun aspects get taken away from this
---