Best FE to date?

#1samplonPosted 2/20/2013 1:09:28 PM
I thought FE7 was a great game for its time, but you can't compare a GBA game to a 3DS game. That's kinda like comparing Pokemon Red & Blue to Black & White 2.
#2NeonDragon9000Posted 2/20/2013 1:09:58 PM
I think it's the best, but a lot are going to disagree. Many feel FE7 had a better story and more balanced gameplay and map design.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#3Xaldin0011Posted 2/20/2013 1:11:52 PM
Well, I would love to take FE13 out on a nice trip to the town, go to a fancy restaurant, and then go home and have steamy hot--yeah, this joke was pretty predictable, I apologize.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#4Huff n puff 20Posted 2/20/2013 1:12:31 PM
Awakening.
Edged out Genealogy.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#5SpikayaPosted 2/20/2013 1:13:29 PM
samplon posted...
That's kinda like comparing Pokemon Red & Blue to Black & White 2.

Well...

(no i hate rb talking about other people)
---
Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#6ptreemf12Posted 2/20/2013 1:15:35 PM
Still think FE 7 is the best for me. I have only played 7, 8, Awakening and some of 6. Though I arena abused in 6, so I'm not counting that. Game's damn hard.

Would probably order them like 7 > Awakening > 8 > 6 (of the little I played)
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#7MarioLinkGenofaPosted 2/20/2013 1:27:19 PM
It's still new, so I'm not gonna say until I get a better feel for it.

I will say that it brought back the children mechanic, which I love.
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#8ZalagrenPosted 2/20/2013 1:37:11 PM
I'm not digging the game that much to be honest. It feels very...empty somehow. It's not bad, but I'm not sure why people are as impressed as they are. It feels kinda generic. The extreme amount of stat gain/customization/powering up that is possible is a turnoff for me.

Too many units, ridiculous power levels, too many items without regard to balance etc blah blah. I'm just in favor of more linear and balanced gameplay. Still a decent game though.
#9samplon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:39:52 PM
I really missed the different type of winning conditions of FE7 and the actual use of strategy on well thought out maps. Except, i like the ability to grind infinitely to make your unit godly with certain set of skills and stats, then using them to play through really tough post game contents or streetpassing them to others. I also like the 3D fight animations and camera positions during fights very much. Marriage and children, the ability to recruit some of your favorite FE characters from older games, and the better music are a huge plus.
#10ptreemf12Posted 2/20/2013 1:45:12 PM(edited)
Zalagren posted...
I'm not digging the game that much to be honest. It feels very...empty somehow. It's not bad, but I'm not sure why people are as impressed as they are. It feels kinda generic. The extreme amount of stat gain/customization/powering up that is possible is a turnoff for me.

Too many units, ridiculous power levels, too many items without regard to balance etc blah blah. I'm just in favor of more linear and balanced gameplay. Still a decent game though.

You nailed exactly how I feel about this game. Once the polish wears off, it's very empty feeling.

It's hard to imagine how this game would play out without all the player control though. It's very appealing, but takes the series in a different direction.

The music, support system, sprites and 3D battle animations are top notch though. It's visually the best Fire Emblem to date imo. Love how there are still sprites too!
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792