First Fire Emblem Awakening Draft Log

#21jrmmd2008Posted 2/22/2013 3:44:29 PM
Alright so I made my avatar, Gensuin, with +Str and -Luck

Premonition: (2/2)
Easy Enough

Prologue: (6/8)
Maybe if I had some more luck with crits or tag team I could have done it faster. Oh well

Chapter 1: (5/13)
Virion joins, but he wasnt able to do much. Havent gotten anything on my avatar in the way of speed or magic, which is disheartening

Chapter 2: (6/19)
Im starting to wish I had drafted one of Sully/Stahl/Miriel, they would be very helpful

Chapter 3: (6/25)
First chapter that I finally got a mag level up. Also I didn't realize how far It was to Gaius and Panne! hopefully after I get them I'll do better on my chapters
---
"How many Cons does Canas' wife have?"
"Not enough to properly wield a snow storm" -Good times on the FE7 board
#22jrmmd2008Posted 2/22/2013 4:03:55 PM
Hard mode seems much harder now than ever before
---
#23VoidtemplarPosted 2/22/2013 5:31:38 PM(edited)
jrmmd2008 posted...
Hard mode seems much harder now than ever before

I agree. The enemy stats are really high if you don't have favorable Pair Ups from Frederick/Kellam/etc. Something that does 8 damage to 24 hp is a 3hko, whereas with Pair Up it's 3 damage for an 8hko. It's also really hard to double without Spd Pair ups. I think Sully would be an amazing earlygame character since she supports Chrom and gives Str/Skl/Spd/Def as well as doubling earlier from higher Spd base/growth and Chrom's Spd Pair Up. Also Sully means Female Avatar can be used with Chrom. I probably should have picked her instead of Anna and hopefully grabbed her next round. Since no one drafted Libra until late I assume people weren't looking for Staff users. >_>. Stahl's super early Killing Edge use is nice, however...

I went back to try to get Stahl more exp since I think I want him to promote if possible. In redoing Chapter 5, I found a nice 5 turn strat. So...

Chapter 5 (5/34): If Vin aggros the Wyverns on turn 2, she doesn't need to spend as much time in the middle. The only tricky thing is the reinforcements that spawn on turn 5 enemy phase. It's impossible to aggro the top group and also kill the left fort reinforcement Myrm at the same time. In addition, no one can block that fort because Wyverns will swoop down on them. Stahl with the Killing Edge crits that Myrm and Chrom blocks the bottom Fort. Being the only really luck-dependent part of my strategy, ~30% isn't bad at all, and I really like the fact that Stahl was an integral part of it with his 7 Move, high Def, and Discipline allowing Killer access. It took a little bit of thinking to get Stahl/Chrom consistently over there in time, however, and the AI was still sometimes weird (not a huge problem, but required adapting and doing different moves).

Also bought a Rescue Staff, which I anticipate will be great once Libra/Anna finally arrive. Now Chapter 6 and Paralogue 2 are really spread out Routs, so I'm trying to figure out what's the best order to do them in with only a single good unit. <_<
---
This sentence contains seven words.
This sentence does not contain seven words.
#24NidtendofreakPosted 2/22/2013 7:53:59 PM
Guys, right in the first post:

-Using Pair Up (or even dual attack/support, which is when units are adjacent_ with an undrafted character will result with a penalty.

People who paired up with Freddy? Sounds like you're taking a lot of penalty turns.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#25NeoMillenniumPosted 2/22/2013 8:54:17 PM
Nidtendofreak posted...
Guys, right in the first post:

-Using Pair Up (or even dual attack/support, which is when units are adjacent_ with an undrafted character will result with a penalty.

People who paired up with Freddy? Sounds like you're taking a lot of penalty turns.

That's what I initially thought was the case. I was slightly worried that my early chapters took more turns to finish than the others since I could only pair Avatar and Chrom the whole way through.
#26VoidtemplarPosted 2/22/2013 9:34:06 PM(edited)
The turn penalties are listed and accounted for. Like I used Frederick only in the Prologue which is +2 turns.

Undrafted units should be able to pair with each other if there's no effect on the AI or combat. Sometimes, that's the best way to have them not affect the battle. Otherwise, it's how one can make the best use of tactical sacrifices which goes against the whole purpose of not using them. >_>

Also, it's possible to have safe spots for both Maribelle/Ricken, even unpaired, by killing the middle Myrm first turn. I can't recall if the rule is relevant anywhere else.
---
#27NidtendofreakPosted 2/22/2013 9:28:09 PM
Sorry, only skim read because it was between hockey periods. At least its all clear now?
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#28VoidtemplarPosted 2/23/2013 11:06:36 AM(edited)
Paralogue 2 (6+3/43): What a ridiculous stage, enemies all over the place, some that donít attack you until Anna/Village are destroyed, Snow, Mountains, Rivers. Any single enemy can beat my non-Vin characters 1v1, even with Tonics and Pair Up. The boss can move but doesnít until a certain turn unless you attack him first. In the end I just brought Sumia to fly across the rivers and snow. Vin with Sumia solos the bottom, attacking and aggroing the boss. Sumia attacks the bottom right Barb, who is not aggressive, and has a few chances to get a Dual Strike with Vin to kill it. She then flies Vin up north. If Anna is dead, enemies will suicide into Vin, but that doesnít seem to happen often. Combined with the need to get good exp for Stahl/Miriel/Chrom and the Dual Strikes, itís not worth it for me. Probably could be way better optimized for 4/5+3 turns, but oh well. Back near the starting position, Stahl paired with Miriel, next to Chrom, gets +10 Avoid from Supports and can decently tank the Barbs when on a forest, countering with the Killing Edge. They clean up, with most exp going to Stahl.

Chapter 6 (5/48): Another ridiculous rout. It was a great idea to train Stahl though. He with Chromís +Spd Pair Up can double and oneround the Fighters/Caveliers, which proves to be crucial. He kills the middle Fighter so that Vin can move under him and clear out a few of those enemies. Next, Vin heads down and left, Stahl heads up and left, staying out of range of the Mages at first. Next turn, Vin heads further left, Stahl kills a Mage. Vin then lures the remaining mage while Stahl heads to the right to clean up those enemies. Vin heads straight down to fight the boss. Stahl and Chrom clear the remaining enemies, though they needed a few elixir uses.

Chapter 7 (3/51): Yet another Rout, but Stahl can actually fight now and basically one-rounds everything but the boss. Easy map overall. There are 14 squares to the boss and some enemies get in the way. A 2 turn is possible, but probably not with my team unless Miriel was really strong somehow or Stahl could use Javelins. So I focused on getting Vin just enough kills to reach level 10. Stahl and Chrom get the rest. Got a bit lazy and didnít optimize Exp too well by overshooting level 10, but itís fine.

And so it begins. This is why Anna Shops are broken. Instead of being stuck as a level 20 Tactician, Vin reclasses to a 18/10/1 Dark Flier just in time for the desert. Stahl is almost level 12. He might promote, or I might hold off a little while. I need to decide whether to train Stahl for the long term or give more exp to Chrom and Miriel. Stahl has definitely proven to be an amazing pick regardless. I just wish he had used more Lances earlier so he could use a Javelin. Might forge a Bronze Lance or something.
---
#29jrmmd2008Posted 2/23/2013 2:23:54 PM
Alright, Anna store popped up and I got Virion a blessed bow

Paralogue 1: (8/33)
Very difficult chapter for me. I really should have drafted Sully or Stahl. Everyone mad dashes for the boss, Gensuin and Chrom trade Virion around. Donnel just runs away from everyone

Chapter 4: (4/37)
Both Chrom and Gensuin get a level up from killing the barbs that finally lets them double. Finally.

Chapter 5: (5/42)
Finally completed it after like a billion resets, including dying by a 51% hit 4% crit critical by a barbarian. Chrom went south and the others went up. Virion support with Gensuin is getting useful

Chapter 6: (7/49)
Finally got Panne and Gaius! Gensuin and Virion went around to the right, and everyone else took the middle/left together

Paralogue 2: (8/57)
Much more difficult without Sumia, mostly because of that straggler on the far right. Chrom/Maribelle went for the boss, and everyone else went north
---
#30PhrenzZephyrPosted 2/23/2013 2:45:03 PM
Yikes, falling behind. I gotta play more.

Premonition: (2/2)
Very difficult level.

Prologue: (4+2/8)
Had to use Frederick.

Chapter 1: (5/13)
Having Sully didn't really help all that much, sadly. Managed to get her some XP but she could not handle the enemies. Had to take the map more slowly than I would have liked.

Chapter 2: (6/19)
NOW Sully was helpful! Vaike joined in, though not being able to trade with Miriel made him useless as anything other than Pair-Up fodder, which I used him for, since his +Str and +Def is always nice.

Chapter 3: (7!!/26)
Not happy about this map :( Had a lot of issues as I pushed through the right side, between Sully missing some 89% hits and not managing to kill the unit with the door key on the same turn as the others (essentially wasting a full turn). Did get the Hammer for Vaike, which'll definitely be useful soon. Levels are looking alright for everyone.

When I got back to the world map there was an Anna shop with a Second Seal and a Master Seal! Snagged both.

At this point I went to try Paralogue 1 and Sully died to a 2% crit. Then I retried it and she died again in the same way. Then I shut the game off and stared at the blank screen for a couple minutes. ;_;