Poll : Are Archers / Snipers in your main party setup ?

#11BedsheetGhostPosted 2/20/2013 10:30:36 PM
Alty1 posted...
Archers/Snipers/Marksmen are good in Radiant Dawn.

And even then, only Shinon. Not Rolf and DEFINITELY not Leonardo.
---
My karma ran over your dogma.
#12LightHawKnightPosted 2/20/2013 10:32:09 PM
No, there is just no use whatsoever. Longbow isn't that useful for me, if I need anti air, I stick elwind on someone.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#13HodouPosted 2/20/2013 10:34:49 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
No, there is just no use whatsoever. Longbow isn't that useful for me, if I need anti air, I stick elwind on someone.

A good archer will still do a lot more to a Pegasus than a Mage will

Not that it usually matters.

Anyway I love archers, especially in Awakening where you can carry them around as support and drop them behind your defensive lines when you'll need the extra firepower. But then, I despise the thought of efficiency runs, so make of that what you will.
#14EvilStorm238Posted 2/20/2013 10:36:19 PM
Thinking about it, I might reclass my Avatar into a Sniper, but only to get the Hit Rate +20 skill and maybe Bowfaire should I make him another class that uses bows. Then again, I don't plan to keep him as anything else but Grandmaster for very long, so even then, it's a bit iffy.

I still like Snipers, but then again, I try to see the glass half full with a lot of units in this game.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#15FatalyzPosted 2/20/2013 10:38:06 PM
magic_kid posted...
I started using Virion because I liked his personality, then he turned out to be one of my best units, so I can't really complain.

I killed him on purpose my first playthrough because he was so annoying.
#16LightHawKnightPosted 2/20/2013 10:38:11 PM
Hodou posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

Anyway I love archers, especially in Awakening where you can carry them around as support and drop them behind your defensive lines when you'll need the extra firepower. But then, I despise the thought of efficiency runs, so make of that what you will.

Not any of my archers. My mages DESTROY, flying types with so much ease, it isn't even funny. Hell actually all of my units do, but my mages hit so hard with Elwind, or Excalibur.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#17FatalyzPosted 2/20/2013 10:40:14 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Hodou posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

Not any of my archers. My mages DESTROY, flying types with so much ease, it isn't even funny. Hell actually all of my units do, but my mages hit so hard with Elwind, or Excalibur.

Plus sorcerer's have monster defensive stats and can fight at any range(mire lol). Archers are so vulnerable and cant fight at melee. Bow's are easily countered with bowbreaker anyways. all my flying units have bow breaker.
#18UmuruPosted 2/20/2013 10:41:37 PM
I don't hate the class, I just prefer magic over any physical weapons. That said, this second playthrough, I'm just throwing my Manakete daughters at everything and it seems to be working...
#19OmegChosenPosted 2/20/2013 10:43:15 PM
Fatalyz posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Hodou posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

Plus sorcerer's have monster defensive stats and can fight at any range(mire lol). Archers are so vulnerable and cant fight at melee. Bow's are easily countered with bowbreaker anyways. all my flying units have bow breaker.

If archers are so useless why are you filling a skill slot on your flyers specifically to counter them?
#20QuasiSealPosted 2/20/2013 10:43:18 PM
Fatalyz posted...
Why run archer when you have sorcerer

anti-magic units.

Anyways. Only a few units get a perma-spot in my line up. I check the map to see what my enemy types are before I select my units.