Poll : Are Archers / Snipers in your main party setup ?

#21FatalyzPosted 2/20/2013 10:43:28 PM
Umuru posted...
I don't hate the class, I just prefer magic over any physical weapons. That said, this second playthrough, I'm just throwing my Manakete daughters at everything and it seems to be working...

I hate manaketes. 30speed/skill cap is terribad. Fought a team with 3 of them in spotpass and they couldn't hit any of my units. rofl

Lethality *BANG* dead
#22FatalyzPosted 2/20/2013 10:44:30 PM
QuasiSeal posted...
Fatalyz posted...
Why run archer when you have sorcerer

anti-magic units.

Anyways. Only a few units get a perma-spot in my line up. I check the map to see what my enemy types are before I select my units.

What antimagic units? 0-0
#23EvilStorm238Posted 2/20/2013 10:45:28 PM
OmegChosen posted...
Fatalyz posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Hodou posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
No, there is just no use whatsoever. Longbow isn't that useful for me, if I need anti air, I stick elwind on someone.

A good archer will still do a lot more to a Pegasus than a Mage will

Not that it usually matters.

Anyway I love archers, especially in Awakening where you can carry them around as support and drop them behind your defensive lines when you'll need the extra firepower. But then, I despise the thought of efficiency runs, so make of that what you will.

Not any of my archers. My mages DESTROY, flying types with so much ease, it isn't even funny. Hell actually all of my units do, but my mages hit so hard with Elwind, or Excalibur.

Plus sorcerer's have monster defensive stats and can fight at any range(mire lol). Archers are so vulnerable and cant fight at melee. Bow's are easily countered with bowbreaker anyways. all my flying units have bow breaker.

If archers are so useless why are you filling a skill slot on your flyers specifically to counter them?

That is a bit ironic, though it also does make sense to do that. I might need to also get my Avatar Bowbreaker should I reclass him to Bow Knight, but I doubt it will seeing as he's pretty much a killer without the Breaker series of skills, especially when paired with the right person.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#24EvilStorm238Posted 2/20/2013 10:46:12 PM
Fatalyz posted...
QuasiSeal posted...
Fatalyz posted...

anti-magic units.

Anyways. Only a few units get a perma-spot in my line up. I check the map to see what my enemy types are before I select my units.

I guess anyone with Tomebreaker.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#25FatalyzPosted 2/20/2013 10:47:18 PM
EvilStorm238 posted...
Fatalyz posted...
QuasiSeal posted...
Fatalyz posted...

anti-magic units.

I guess anyone with Tomebreaker.

Sorceror's get tomebreaker... So you nullify the enemies tomebreaker.
#26UmuruPosted 2/20/2013 10:49:49 PM(edited)
Fatalyz posted...
Umuru posted...
I don't hate the class, I just prefer magic over any physical weapons. That said, this second playthrough, I'm just throwing my Manakete daughters at everything and it seems to be working...

I hate manaketes. 30speed/skill cap is terribad. Fought a team with 3 of them in spotpass and they couldn't hit any of my units. rofl

Lethality *BANG* dead

Luckily I don't have anyone nearby to kill them then. >_>

Fatalyz posted...

Sorceror's get tomebreaker... So you nullify the enemies tomebreaker.

Class Change to a class that doesn't use tomes, keep the Tomebreaker skill. No need to worry about the enemy with Tomebreaker Tomebreakering you.
#27K_TailsPosted 2/20/2013 10:48:16 PM
Yes. I make good use out of Longbows.
---
Signatures are a waste of space.
#28FatalyzPosted 2/20/2013 10:49:41 PM
Umuru posted...
Fatalyz posted...
Umuru posted...

Lethality *BANG* dead

Luckily I don't have anyone nearby to kill them then. >_>

Yea... I never get a decent street pass challenge. The best I've seen yet was some dude thinking he was tough stuff and put out his sorcerer MU with max stats and named his team GLHF. One shotteed him =.=
#29GoldenSun3DSPosted 2/20/2013 10:50:58 PM
Longbow. My Virion can take out an enemy mage with his trusty Longbow or his Brave Bow.

Also, Mire has horrible accuracy and even though it has a range of 3-10, they can't defend at 3 range from a longbow...

And you can't forge Mire to give it more accuracy.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4! http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha!" - Basilio
#30UmuruPosted 2/20/2013 10:51:20 PM
Fatalyz posted...

Yea... I never get a decent street pass challenge. The best I've seen yet was some dude thinking he was tough stuff and put out his sorcerer MU with max stats and named his team GLHF. One shotteed him =.=

I think I for one will probably focus on maxing out all my supports and what not first before trying the grind for getting an actual streetpass team going. The odds of finding people with the game is rather low around these parts anyway. So until then... bunny run first, then dragon run right now. :P