Poll : Are Archers / Snipers in your main party setup ?

#31Alty1Posted 2/20/2013 10:53:14 PM
It's weird how impressed people are getting with themselves for beating streatpass teams.

I mean, beating a streetpass team says nothing about your skill relative to the other person. They probably beat your team just as handily.
---
Uwe Boll makes terrible movies. Anyone who tells you otherwise is Uwe Boll - Seanbaby
http://theanteheroes.com/AceAttorneys/DamonGant.png
#32FatalyzPosted 2/20/2013 10:56:08 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Longbow. My Virion can take out an enemy mage with his trusty Longbow or his Brave Bow.

Also, Mire has horrible accuracy and even though it has a range of 3-10, they can't defend at 3 range from a longbow...

And you can't forge Mire to give it more accuracy.

uhhhhhh my sorceror has 42def/45res unpaired >_> GL one shotting something like that. oh yeah 49 speed also
#33OmegChosenPosted 2/20/2013 10:58:31 PM
Fatalyz posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Longbow. My Virion can take out an enemy mage with his trusty Longbow or his Brave Bow.

Also, Mire has horrible accuracy and even though it has a range of 3-10, they can't defend at 3 range from a longbow...

And you can't forge Mire to give it more accuracy.

uhhhhhh my sorceror has 42def/45res unpaired >_> GL one shotting something like that. oh yeah 49 speed also

No one's trying to kill your Sorcerer, jeez.
#34Flaktrooper123Posted 2/21/2013 2:16:10 AM
Depends on the map really. I don't bring them if the map is too close packed and open. Though I do complain that they are nerfed hard now, I still remember how Gordin can one hit kill (or at least double and kill) most dracoknights back then with unforged iron bow, now they have trouble with pegasus knights even.
#35IcewitchPosted 2/21/2013 3:26:29 AM
Yes, I use Virion as a Sniper
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 19 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U, demo coming February 21
#36The Fir CoatPosted 2/21/2013 3:29:17 AM
1~2 range physical weapons are bad in this game, and Virion gives nice bonuses to physical units, so yes I do use him. It helps that most of the mages are mediocre or come much later than him.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#37yingchenluoPosted 2/21/2013 8:42:50 PM
I have Mire for long range attacks, so I don't need longbows. Now that wind magic can take out fliers, I just don't have a place for units that only use bows.
---
"Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
#38ZhiharkPosted 2/21/2013 8:48:35 PM
I've always enjoyed having an Archer.

Especially Rebecca, probably one of the best I've used.

In this game I'm a little torn though, as Assassins can use bows and Warriors are a bit more capable (and Berserker's have been nerfed :| ). My Virion isn't turnout out well so I'll see if Noire or someone else turns out a little better.

What would be sweet is if they gave Snipers a critical bonus a long with returning it to SM's and Berserkers. I mean, Sure shot? The hell is that crap?
#39GeneralKenobi85Posted 2/21/2013 8:58:32 PM(edited)
Virion was in my party for most of the early game. In the middle, I pretty much sidelined him. Now towards the endgame, and I've been bringing Noire on pretty much every mission with me, though she's a Bow Knight. I still use Virion on occasion.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#40D412kKn16h7Posted 2/21/2013 9:03:14 PM
Yes, but mostly because Noire can open chests, and is a decent level because of that. She's actually in my streetpass team, because I assume people are quite fond of flying units.