So is Awakening the hardest Fire Emblem in the series?

#31WestbrickIIIPosted 2/21/2013 9:19:49 AM
rhys855 posted...
HHM you have Pent for mid game Hector and Eliwood A support for early game than Athos for endgame.

Those 4 pretty much take care of everything let alone there is Raven too.

Pent can't solo maps; he's too frail. Hector and Eliwood certainly can't solo the midgame. And if by "endgame" you mean "one chapter," Athos still can't solo endgame.

You're grossly misinformed about HHM, and this is without considering Rankings. Might be time to go play it for yourself.

rhys855 posted...
Thracia is not hard. It take's no real strategy because you are never guaranteed to hit 100's or in Thracia's case 99's or dodge reliable low hits like 30's and 20's due to Tharcia's terrible RNG this happens frequently.

Grinding does not make a game easy. Spending countless hours grinding to promote to lol stomp doesn't make the game easy.

1. Thracia's RNG is fine. You're just yet another victim of understanding statistics.
2. No grinding is required to make Awakening a walk in the park.
#32DemiseEndPosted 2/21/2013 9:22:40 AM
rhys855 posted...
WestbrickIII posted...
arvilino posted...
Except the ones where you can boss abuse or FE7 in which you can.cheat the arena(due to Ninians Rings).

Boss abuse is slow and tedious; arena abuse carries great risk, even with the dance glitch, on HHM, and is also slow and tedious.

Breaking Awakening is virtually effort-free and the rewards are much greater (i.e. rather than a pretty good and overleveled unit, you're getting a god who can be thrown into the middle of maps and solo the game).

HHM you have Pent for mid game Hector and Eliwood A support for early game than Athos for endgame.

More like

Marcus-Sain(who actually need work anyway) early mid game
Harken Late game
Athose End game

The question is:

Does doing that gives you SSS rank? Efficiently, nope.
Can you just put them in the middle of COD stuff and expect them to survive without any help except than their own weapon and stats? nope

"t take's no real strategy because you are never guaranteed to hit 100's or in Thracia's case 99's or dodge reliable low hits like 30's and 20's due to Tharcia's terrible RNG this happens frequently."

This make no sense at all, especially the dodge part considering that even SF aknowledge that Staves > Durability > Easy to fix offense in Thracia

You can also say the same for Sword of Seals. That hit rate is terrible
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#33rhys855Posted 2/21/2013 9:27:37 AM
WestbrickIII posted...
rhys855 posted...

Pent can't solo maps; he's too frail. Hector and Eliwood certainly can't solo the midgame. And if by "endgame" you mean "one chapter," Athos still can't solo endgame.

You're grossly misinformed about HHM, and this is without considering Rankings. Might be time to go play it for yourself.

I guess you've never see don don's 0% growth runs.

rhys855 posted...
Thracia is not hard. It take's no real strategy because you are never guaranteed to hit 100's or in Thracia's case 99's or dodge reliable low hits like 30's and 20's due to Tharcia's terrible RNG this happens frequently.

Grinding does not make a game easy. Spending countless hours grinding to promote to lol stomp doesn't make the game easy.

1. Thracia's RNG is fine.

Lol
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#34TheChronoMasterPosted 2/21/2013 9:28:50 AM
rhys855 posted...
WestbrickIII posted...
rhys855 posted...

I guess you've never see don don's 0% growth runs.

rhys855 posted...

1. Thracia's RNG is fine.

Lol

Thracia's RNG is fine, mostly because it's not cheating to give the player an advantage the way later games do.

Of course the human brain is so, so very bad at understanding randomness, statistics, and probability that most people feel like it's unfair.
#35rhys855Posted 2/21/2013 9:34:27 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
rhys855 posted...
WestbrickIII posted...
arvilino posted...
Except the ones where you can boss abuse or FE7 in which you can.cheat the arena(due to Ninians Rings).

Boss abuse is slow and tedious; arena abuse carries great risk, even with the dance glitch, on HHM, and is also slow and tedious.

Breaking Awakening is virtually effort-free and the rewards are much greater (i.e. rather than a pretty good and overleveled unit, you're getting a god who can be thrown into the middle of maps and solo the game).

More like

Marcus-Sain(who actually need work anyway) early mid game
Harken Late game
Athose End game

The question is:

Does doing that gives you SSS rank? Efficiently, nope.
Can you just put them in the middle of COD stuff and expect them to survive without any help except than their own weapon and stats? nope

"t take's no real strategy because you are never guaranteed to hit 100's or in Thracia's case 99's or dodge reliable low hits like 30's and 20's due to Tharcia's terrible RNG this happens frequently."

This make no sense at all, especially the dodge part considering that even SF aknowledge that Staves > Durability > Easy to fix offense in Thracia

You can also say the same for Sword of Seals. That hit rate is terrible

Thats different Hit rate is low in Sword of seals. Your trying to have Geese and other axemen to wack Stuff with 60's opposed to Fe5 your characters miss 99's......... Now i have to waste another resource, another unit, another turn, to kill the enemy that should have been dead this turn.
---
#36WestbrickIIIPosted 2/21/2013 9:36:34 AM
FE5 characters miss 99% hit attacks one out of every one hundred times.

Thanks to rhys for demonstrating humans' failings when it comes to understanding numbers.
#37TheChronoMasterPosted 2/21/2013 9:39:02 AM
WestbrickIII posted...

Thanks to rhys for demonstrating humans' failings when it comes to understanding numbers.

Note, however, that one out of every one hundred remains the same for each trial, so even if you miss a 99, the next trial still has a 1 out of 100 chance of missing, even if you think 'well, i won't miss a 99 for another 100 attacks now'.
#38LurkerkillerPosted 2/21/2013 9:39:22 AM
I'm going to play Lunatic over this weekend without grinding or spot pass and solo that mode with MU with using nosferatu since it absolutely makes the game require no strategy at all. Will only use other characters early on as fodders till MU gets rolling and once he does will only stick him and Chrom on the field because he is required.

Will make it a female MU as well to marry Chrom for some bonus stats.

Will post results once I am done. May not be finished till sometime early next week due to classes and work but ill see if its actually possible.

I can see it possible on any mode lower than Lunatic but not on Lunatic/+.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#39rhys855Posted 2/21/2013 9:54:29 AM
WestbrickIII posted...

no they don't. i'v lost chapters in FE5 countless times due missing a 99 to get crit by a 5

Why should i listen to you anyways? last week you thought awakening was one of the better Fire Emblem. Now it's only a 6.5 in your eyes and piss poor easy after ranting how lunatic is a broken mess, wonderful! Maybe if you could form an opinion i would listen.
---
#40TheChronoMasterPosted 2/21/2013 9:56:16 AM
Anecdotal, ad hominem, still failing to understand the concept of randomness, independent trials, and statistics.

I think we're done here.