I like this game a lot, but I hate reclassing, my unit, and "free roam".

#1OhHiRenanPosted 2/21/2013 6:12:35 AM
Free roam in quotations because I have no idea what the **** to call the ability to revisit maps and ****.

Anyways, I like this game a lot but I hope the next Fire Emblem ditches My Unit completely unless it affects the story in a big way and not in the "Last Choice Changes the Ending Slightly" way. I also hate reclassing. I like branching classes, but reclassing is just lame and lazy to me. Units start to lose what make them unique.

Anyone in the same boat?
---
http://i.imgur.com/KxJQD.jpg
#2Dual-Shock3Posted 2/21/2013 6:15:25 AM
i would jump out of that boat
#3TorajimaPosted 2/21/2013 6:15:52 AM
So basically you don't like having options.

You know you can choose not to reclass your characters, I did just that for a few of my units.
#4swordsman126Posted 2/21/2013 6:16:14 AM
The only thing I don't like is reclassing. And that's only because I hate that the answer to "Who makes the best parent for..." Is always "Whoever can reclass to pass down Galeforce". Other than that I don't have any real complaints.
---
Rawr
#5MIssDevilingPosted 2/21/2013 6:20:10 AM
Yeah, I prefer having more limited options. Having Ricken as a Cavalier is just weird. Still, it adds to the gameplay at the cost of more "appropriate" choices.

I don't mind free roam.

My Unit kinda blows because it's hard to project myself to that character when the dialogue is so bland. I tend to bench him/her when my other units can take care of themselves. I didn't want to marry either, because the support conversations for My Unit suck, but I didn't wanna miss out on a character by not marrying. Morgan (M) also blows for the same reason: lack of an interesting personality. Don't know about (F).
---
http://keilis.deviantart.com
#6Xaldin0011Posted 2/21/2013 6:21:57 AM
Er, you know, the MU did have alot to do with the story. I dare say he was just as important as Chrom. And believe me, that could have been done A LOT worse. Looking at FE7 here.

I don't care for reclassing either, I don't hate it, but I refuse to use it. The closest I come to hating it is I find it annoying all the talk of class changing and getting skills by leveling that class. Like majority of the topics on this board are about that.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#7NextgrandcrossPosted 2/21/2013 9:16:35 AM
Torajima posted...
So basically you don't like having options.

You know you can choose not to reclass your characters, I did just that for a few of my units.

This, I never use Second seals in my playthrough, I go naturally.

HOWEVER, I will consider reclassing when the "Strongest Ones" DLC comes out, cause you just may need to to survive that chapter.
#8Jack_the_monke7Posted 2/21/2013 10:07:25 AM
Xaldin0011 posted...
Er, you know, the MU did have alot to do with the story. I dare say he was just as important as Chrom. And believe me, that could have been done A LOT worse. Looking at FE7 here.

this. Man, I really hated that horrible forced tactician in FE7. It felt like such a forced way to explain gameplay that didn't need an explanation. At least the avatar here is an actual character and doesn't feel like characters are constantly breaking the 4th wall.
#9SupremeZeroPosted 2/21/2013 10:09:18 AM

I don't care for reclassing either, I don't hate it, but I refuse to use it. The closest I come to hating it is I find it annoying all the talk of class changing and getting skills by leveling that class. Like majority of the topics on this board are about that.

Actually, if anything, MU might've been MORE important to the story. Everything in the last act revolved around THEM.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#10LeaderRElliotPosted 2/21/2013 10:30:38 AM
Dual-Shock3 posted...
i would jump out of that boat