So why exactly is Galeforce considered so good?

#1Xaldin0011Posted 2/21/2013 7:34:49 AM
I mean I get it, it basically means you can act twice, but if you can already kill an enemy in one turn, why not just wait another turn so they die when they attack you? I dunno, it just doesn't seem THAT useful.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#2j0nb0y22Posted 2/21/2013 7:35:32 AM
Extra movement?
---
@('_')@
#3iammaxhailmePosted 2/21/2013 7:35:36 AM
Because then they have a chance of hurting you.

Of course, if you galeforce too much, you may run off to far from the team and up trapped/killed anyway. It's a really good skill, but kind of overrated
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#4SpiegaPosted 2/21/2013 7:36:34 AM
Well, if there are no enemies in range after you kill one, you can move again and move yourself in closer to more enemies. Its really just about finish the chapter as fast as you can.

However, I agree that it is sort of overrated, and I'd rather use a different skill if I was going into a serious battle.
#5AsianSupermanPosted 2/21/2013 7:36:35 AM
If you have two Galeforce users pair up you can attack 3 times as a paired group, instead of one.

Attack - Galeforce - Switch - Attack - Galeforce - Switch - Attack.
---
Yep! Superman beat Goku. Love 'em both, but anyone who thinks Goku could beat a planet lifter is in pure denial.
PSN: SeiMikazuki - Dragon's Dogma Pawn - Ryu
#6EstheimasterPosted 2/21/2013 7:37:02 AM
Lissa Sage w/ Galeforce
Lucina GL w/ Galeforce

Move, Lucina attack, kills enemy, Galeforce, move, Lissa attack, kills enemy, Galeforce, move, Lucina/Lissa attacks, kills enemy.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#7IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 2/21/2013 7:39:35 AM(edited)
Xaldin0011 posted...
why not just wait another turn so they die when they attack you? I dunno, it just doesn't seem THAT useful.

Why would you want the enemy to attack you on their turn when you could just kill all of them yourself?

Upon killing an enemy, you can:
- Retreat back out of enemy attack range
- Do another action like heal allies/rally buff
- Kill yet another enemy
- Swap to another paired unit who ALSO has Galeforce, get another kill, thus giving one paired unit 3 actions

Yes, maybe it can be considered overrated, but there is no reason to deny its usefuleness.
---
|N|M|E|
#8Xaldin0011(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 7:42:11 AM
Okay, so it lets you act 3 times. Still, all that really does is make the stage go by faster.

And if you're strong enough to basically use the enemies as stepping stones and Galeforce your way across the map, you're strong enough to where you really don't need it.

Not getting hit is fine and dandy, but like I said, if you can take advantage of Galeforce like that, I refuse to believe you couldn't take a few hits. Just seems seriously overrated considering you can do all the same stuff, just take a few extra turns. Doesn't feel like it's worth grinding 15 levels to a Dark Flier for, especially not with every character capable of doing it.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#9TorajimaPosted 2/21/2013 7:42:11 AM
Xaldin0011 posted...
I mean I get it, it basically means you can act twice, but if you can already kill an enemy in one turn, why not just wait another turn so they die when they attack you? I dunno, it just doesn't seem THAT useful.

It isn't that useful, it's the most over-rated skill in the game.

When your units do most of their damage during the enemy phase, you generally don't need to move twice during your turn.

Now it CAN be useful for the class that learns it, as it means Dark Fliers can move in, kill mages or bow users, and then move out of range. But given the choice, I'd rather have Tomebreaker and Bowbreaker than Galeforce.
#10LookAnglePosted 2/21/2013 7:42:49 AM
The problem with Galeforce is that, generally, the unit's that get it aren't that great offensively if they rush to get it, so it's somewhat limited.

And if you grind to get it after going through another class, then you're powerful enough that you don't need it.

It's still a great skill though.