So why exactly is Galeforce considered so good?

#41TorajimaPosted 2/21/2013 9:44:52 AM
MoonLightCloud posted...

No one's saying you have to grind everyone to get it. I think the major thing is just passing it on to the males. They have the opportunity to get an amazing skill, it's probably the best skill worth passing to them, so why not do it?

Because it makes the game less fun? Rather than pairing off characters you like, you obsess over the best genetic pairings, like a nazi scientist trying to breed super soldiers?

All for a skill that isn't necessary to beat the main game, and is a wasted slot on most male children, who would be better served with skills like Sol, Astra, and Lethality, and any skill that increases avoid or critical attack rate?
#42HolyCorsairPosted 2/21/2013 9:46:30 AM
I like it for my healers, so I can participate in the action, and then get some heals off afterwards. Or of course, self-healing so my tanks have the HP needed to survive the incoming assaults.
#43SkaldskaparmalPosted 2/21/2013 9:49:57 AM
LookAngle posted...
The problem with Galeforce is that, generally, the unit's that get it aren't that great offensively if they rush to get it, so it's somewhat limited.

And if you grind to get it after going through another class, then you're powerful enough that you don't need it.

It's still a great skill though.

Considering we have people that want to and do pass Galeforce on to Lucina, I doubt being OP from grinding is a huge concern to them.
#44Alty1Posted 2/21/2013 9:51:49 AM
Because it makes the game less fun?

Wow. That's highly subjective.
---
http://i36.tinypic.com/23yqa.jpg - SHOKANSTEIN
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2590/btvsfan01.png - Kazzus
#45HodouPosted 2/21/2013 9:52:20 AM
Xaldin0011 posted...
Okay, so it lets you act 3 times. Still, all that really does is make the stage go by faster.

And if you're strong enough to basically use the enemies as stepping stones and Galeforce your way across the map, you're strong enough to where you really don't need it.

Not getting hit is fine and dandy, but like I said, if you can take advantage of Galeforce like that, I refuse to believe you couldn't take a few hits. Just seems seriously overrated considering you can do all the same stuff, just take a few extra turns. Doesn't feel like it's worth grinding 15 levels to a Dark Flier for, especially not with every character capable of doing it.

The reason Galeforce is prized so highly is because ages ago some idiot decided that the best way to judge somebody's overall skill at the game was by "efficiency," I.e. Clearing maps in the shortest number of turns. In that regard, galeforce is a godsend, though I'm on your side in saying I'd rather have other skills on a number of characters.

That being said, it's still really useful, especially for units that don't like to stay in harm's way whenever they can avoid it.
#46CarefreeDudePosted 2/21/2013 9:53:10 AM
using paired units with galeforce, you can can clear many of the "kill enemy commander" maps in only 1 or 2 turns.
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#47MoonLightCloudPosted 2/21/2013 10:16:55 AM
Because it makes the game less fun? Rather than pairing off characters you like, you obsess over the best genetic pairings, like a nazi scientist trying to breed super soldiers?

All for a skill that isn't necessary to beat the main game, and is a wasted slot on most male children, who would be better served with skills like Sol, Astra, and Lethality, and any skill that increases avoid or critical attack rate?

LOL, what is this crap?

First, as someone said, fun is subjective.

Second, I mentioned the males, they don't require a specific pairing to get Galeforce, just for their mom (who is always their mom) to learn it first. So you're totally off here. No genetics, just a skill.

And your second paragraph is even worse. Only 3 males (besides Morgan M) can even get the skill, so I don't see how it "is a wasted slot on most male children".
You actually need to use specific pairings to get all of the skills you listed (Owain doesn't inherit Sol from his mom and Brady doesn't get any of those skills from his mom; only Inigo and Morgan M have access to all 3 without a specific parent).
And lol, if you're going to pass on the classes for those skills, why not just let the kid learn the skill on their own? All of those are Lv5 skills, so it's not like it'll take a long time to learn them.

I just don't see any good reason to pass down a skill that a character can learn anytime they want compared to a skill that the character can NEVER learn on their own.

And you seem to have forgotten the part of my post where I say that it's not necessary.