Should I use Second seal first or go straight to Master seal?

#1D4rK_El1t3Posted 2/22/2013 10:11:19 AM
I'm at chapter 5 and I have grinded A LOT on the dlc episodes. I don't really know why, but I enjoy it a lot. Now I'm planning on moving forward with the story. The only issue I have is that My units are all at lvl 20. Should I use my second seals first to get other skills or should I go straight to Master seals and worry about changing classes later? For example my mercenary, should I make him a fighter also and get the fighter skills or make him a hero and then a warrior when I have the needed skills? What would be more advantageous? Since I don't want to spend 100+ hrs grinding, I'm already at 15 lol!
PS. Should I keep Marth a lodestar? If I switch his class, will he be able to become lodestar again? Same for other dlc characters.. Thanks again, I need to understand all of this before I move on haha
#2D4rK_El1t3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:27:35 AM
Bump
#3BassGSnewtypePosted 2/22/2013 11:28:39 AM
Go for the Master Seals first, the skills in the higher classes will help you later.
---
Evil beware, we have waffles.
The Official Granveil pilot of the SRW OG 2nd Board
#4D4rK_El1t3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:02:34 PM
What about dlc characters? Can I change their classes back and forth?
#5jayman7Posted 2/22/2013 12:10:22 PM
I find it rather hilarious that the recommendation used to be "promote at level 20 for stats, reclass at level 10 for skills", when the first part is actually outright wrong (unless you're not reclassing at all, the most efficient way to gain stats is to reclass at level 10 until you hit unpromoted caps), and the above poster is now recommending to promote to get skills.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6MunchkinatorPosted 2/22/2013 12:11:36 PM
Generally speaking you're going to want to get Mercenary's Armsthrift on most characters via second seal before going to second tier classes - that way you don't have to worry about ever going to a basic class again on that character, unless you want something specific from another t1 class (ex. Thief's Lockpick, Tactician's huge XP boost). Just gets annoying when you have some max stat character with all skills... who you take back to t1, temporarily losing a ton of stats and making levelups pretty much wasted since with (temporarily) capped stats they can't get much/anything from levelups.

You can't permanently ruin a character or anything, though, so don't worry about it too much.

Most basic classes have horrible or VERY situational skills, so outside of Merc/Tactician/MAYBE thief you don't really have to worry about them. Promoted classes have MUCH better skills that will easily edge out just about anything from basic classes.

Special classes (Lodestar, Manakete, etc) can always be changed back into, but some of them require you to be a slightly higher level to second seal into them.
---
Another day, another unsuccessful genetic abomination!
#7imthestuntmanPosted 2/22/2013 12:14:01 PM
D4rK_El1t3 posted...
What about dlc characters? Can I change their classes back and forth?

all DLC and spotpass characters are variants on My Unit and because of this have access to all classes a My Unit of the same gender would have access to.

Also take care of all prepromote leveling you can first (wait as long as possible to master seal, getting all skills you want first)

it will take longer to get the really good skills, but your person will gain levels faster because promoting immediately will slow down your units growth because it immediately adds on 10 levels to their internal level if you promote at 10.
#8jayman7Posted 2/22/2013 12:14:08 PM
Munchkinator posted...
Most basic classes have horrible or VERY situational skills, so outside of Merc/Tactician/MAYBE thief you don't really have to worry about them. Promoted classes have MUCH better skills that will easily edge out just about anything from basic classes.

Myrmidon gets Vantage. That's pretty nice.

And if you're not buying DLC, I find the Berserker's Despoil to be quite handy for when you're running low on cash.
---
#9imthestuntmanPosted 2/22/2013 12:29:11 PM
jayman7 posted...
Munchkinator posted...

And if you're not buying DLC, I find the Berserker's Despoil to be quite handy for when you're running low on cash.

Leifs blade and a high luck with armsthrift makes despoil pointless.
#10jayman7Posted 2/22/2013 12:31:50 PM
imthestuntman posted...
jayman7 posted...
Munchkinator posted...

Leifs blade and a high luck with armsthrift makes despoil pointless.

Not everyone can use swords, but yes, that is an alternative. (Then again, even fewer characters can be Berserkers...)
---