Amazon will have this game back in stock starting 2/26

#11scigeek101Posted 2/23/2013 9:54:25 AM
SupremeZero posted...
xLinkku posted...
People still don't have this amazing game yet? Should've pre ordered guys... Should've preordered...

Yeah, a lot of good that does me when Gamestop still can't get enough copies to cover their pre-orders.

They lost out on this and all future pre-orders from me because when they don't have it on time, but Target does, my business goes to Target and Gamestop wonders why I am cancelling my pre-order.

... GAMESTOP is losing your business because NINTENDO didn't give them enough copies?

Yes, Gamestop didn't have a copy for me even though I pre-ordered, Target had one for me even though I didn't preorder.

I preordered months before release. They had plenty of time to negotiate with Nintendo to get enough in stock to cover their preorders, they didn't, nor did they inform me that they wouldn't have the game on release date. Plus they made me drive to the store to cancel my preorder, I couldn't do it over the phone which was annoying. Basically I have no reason to preorder from Gamestop again because it was an unpleasant experience. From now on Amazon will be getting my preorder money, because at least then I don't have to waste time calling the store to see if they actually have it or driving to the store to pick it up/ cancel.

If the low stock was entirely Nintendo's fault, why did I find a copy at Target when Gamestop didn't have one even though I pre-ordered. You would think they would order enough copies to cover their preorders.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#12SupremeZeroPosted 2/23/2013 9:57:50 AM(edited)
SupremeZero posted...
xLinkku posted...
People still don't have this amazing game yet? Should've pre ordered guys... Should've preordered...

Yeah, a lot of good that does me when Gamestop still can't get enough copies to cover their pre-orders.

They lost out on this and all future pre-orders from me because when they don't have it on time, but Target does, my business goes to Target and Gamestop wonders why I am cancelling my pre-order.

... GAMESTOP is losing your business because NINTENDO didn't give them enough copies?

Yes, Gamestop didn't have a copy for me even though I pre-ordered, Target had one for me even though I didn't preorder.

I preordered months before release. They had plenty of time to negotiate with Nintendo to get enough in stock to cover their preorders, they didn't, nor did they inform me that they wouldn't have the game on release date. Plus they made me drive to the store to cancel my preorder, I couldn't do it over the phone which was annoying. Basically I have no reason to preorder from Gamestop again because it was an unpleasant experience. From now on Amazon will be getting my preorder money, because at least then I don't have to waste time calling the store to see if they actually have it or driving to the store to pick it up/ cancel.

If the low stock was entirely Nintendo's fault, why did I find a copy at Target when Gamestop didn't have one even though I pre-ordered. You would think they would order enough copies to cover their preorders.

Because Gamestop had preorders, and Target didn't? It's significantly easier to cover "0" with excess than to cover "Several Thousand", you see.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#13scigeek101Posted 2/23/2013 10:05:37 AM
SupremeZero posted...

Because Gamestop had preorders, and Target didn't? It's significantly easier to cover "0" with excess than to cover "Several Thousand", you see.

Well maybe Nintendo should have sent Gamestop those copies instead, all I know is that Gamestop didn't have it even though I preordered, but Target had it so they got my money instead. Everybody I knew who preordered from Gamestop did the same thing I did. I also know that this is the first time I have preordered from Gamestop. And they didn't fulfill their preorder on time, so in the future I will try preordering from somebody else. Whether or not Gamestop is actually at fault or not is not relevant. The only thing that matters is they didn't have what they said they would have, and another place did.
---
Harry Truman.
#14SupremeZeroPosted 2/23/2013 10:10:32 AM
SupremeZero posted...

Well maybe Nintendo should have sent Gamestop those copies instead, all I know is that Gamestop didn't have it even though I preordered, but Target had it so they got my money instead. Everybody I knew who preordered from Gamestop did the same thing I did. I also know that this is the first time I have preordered from Gamestop. And they didn't fulfill their preorder on time, so in the future I will try preordering from somebody else. Whether or not Gamestop is actually at fault or not is not relevant. The only thing that matters is they didn't have what they said they would have, and another place did.

That's great.

So why is that changing your choice in the future?
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#15scigeek101Posted 2/23/2013 10:18:00 AM
SupremeZero posted...
SupremeZero posted...

That's great.

So why is that changing your choice in the future?

1. Not having the game in on time, when other retailers did. Got it in almost a week after other retailers had it.

2. Having to waste time and gas to go to the store in person to cancel my preorder. They wouldn't let me do it over the phone.

3. Not contacting me and letting me know in some fashion that they wouldn't have it in stock on release. If I hadn't called first and confirmed I would have gotten there only to find that they didn't have it.

Really, never had any of these problems ordering from Amazon before, and while I might not actually get it day 1, I couldn't get it day 1 from Gamestop either. Basically preordering from Gamestop turned out to be a hassle that I got nothing out of and in the future I would rather avoid futile hassles.
---
Harry Truman.
#16Groudon_UzamakiPosted 2/23/2013 10:20:09 AM
MajinKogahazan posted...
Well, I'm kind of on campus right now so I don't really have any means of getting a game from a store (otherwise I would). I could take the bus to the mall, but that seems like a lot of effort to go and check for a game that might not even be in stock. I don't have much spare time either. So hopefully my shipment arrives during Spring Break and not after.

There are these great devices called phones.
---
Remember kids, cancer doesn't kill people, people with cancer kills people.
#17BEN_WONGPosted 2/24/2013 8:08:28 AM
I'm still waiting a call from the game store I go to however they said it's being delayed with no exact date given hope it's in stock by tomorrow.
#18themothman421Posted 2/24/2013 3:49:22 PM
so it gets back in stock on the 26th, why are you having to wait until march? :(
---
THE LORD OF MOTHMEN -- i am the mothman. i live in utah.
#19Limen123Posted 2/27/2013 5:46:09 PM
.. I'm assuming it's out of stock once again? T__T
---
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9547/17817459.png
#20nianarisPosted 2/27/2013 5:59:26 PM
I find it funny that it's Nintendo's fault that Gamestop didn't get enough copies to cover pre-orders. They had enough copies to break the street date and release it a week early in Canada.