does anyone find this game easier then older fire emblem games?

#1RealTidesPosted 2/22/2013 10:27:50 PM
not saying it isnt fun, this installment brings alot of fun parts to the game like children & marriage XD and of course the animations are a little bit better....

but besides the way that the game makes it harder by making the enemies ALOT stronger then you, it feels like the AI is dumbed down
#2EDumeyPosted 2/22/2013 10:30:04 PM
It feels like to get the full experience the game asks you to grind through all of the optional stuff. Which is all fine and dandy, but it trivializes everything after a certain point.

And I'd you limit yourself by not using all of the content, then the game seems very dry and bare bones.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#3LurkerkillerPosted 2/22/2013 10:32:35 PM
Game is easy if you abuse MU. Soloable on Lunatic with just MU and Chrom as support gaining levels with dual strike with help of Fred early on.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#4AceAwesome96Posted 2/22/2013 10:34:12 PM
Easier? Just a little bit. Just as fun as the others, I just completed this quicker.
---
I am AceAwesome. I am the creator and leader of the Ace Mercenaries clan. But, you can call me "Ace" if you like.
#5bluerulerPosted 2/22/2013 10:34:27 PM
not really, maybe its because of playing many FE titles, thus getting used to it, maybe its a lack of magic triangle or lack of weapons specified for attacking swordmasters/ a certain class
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#6imthestuntmanPosted 2/22/2013 10:35:03 PM
the enemies strategy is to blindly rush you with abandon to try and kill 1 unit. such a great strategy.
#7ellis123Posted 2/22/2013 10:41:28 PM
imthestuntman posted...
the enemies strategy is to blindly rush you with abandon to try and kill 1 unit. such a great strategy.

To be fair, it's a better strategy than basically every other FE. They just stand around waiting to die (and, same as this game, have a couple that do the opposite).

And no, this game is definitely not easier than any of the GBA games, and not really any easier than PoR/RD.
---
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.
#8RealTides(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:44:01 PM
uhh no
in the gba FE games, the nemeies wouldn't rush at you, they hardly ever moved to the end of their movement space unlike in awakening
where the enemies would just rush to you as long as you are in their range
#9NatatteruPosted 2/22/2013 11:00:29 PM
uhh no
in the gba FE games, the nemeies wouldn't rush at you, they hardly ever moved to the end of their movement space unlike in awakening
where the enemies would just rush to you as long as you are in their range

Yes they did, in the GBA games enemies just go and try kill your characters with 0% Acc and 0 damage.
---
PSN: NatatBW http://www.imgur.com/a/s5I9A
P4A: Elizabeth BBCSX: Bang - 3s: Makoto - ST/AE12: Cammy - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi/C-Ciel/F-SAkiha SFxT: Lili/Paul
#10ArreiPosted 2/22/2013 11:14:59 PM
In the GBA games you could unequip a powerful unit's weapon and send him to be a meat shield, and enemies would happily pile onto him over squishier targets just because he couldn't counter attack.

So, no. It's not easier, provided you don't grind.