Healers. When did they figure it out?

#1Patriarch105Posted 2/24/2013 2:55:14 PM
When did they figure out that healers should be allowed to get XP in this game? Marribell and Lissa are higher then anyone else. I hated in previous games (especially PoR) how little XP they got for such a serious job that was constantly in use.

Maybe now they get a bit to much but it's far better then the almost nothing they got in previous games.
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#2abad_limePosted 2/24/2013 3:03:34 PM
I think it is too much. In the other games, most of my healers usually beat out some other units i used. I think rhys was the only one i had any real issues with but BEXP solved that.
---
Currently Playing: BBCS:EX, 999, Fire Emblem Awakening
BB: Tsubaki, Hazama, Jin
#3Model_OmegaPosted 2/24/2013 3:04:13 PM
Shadow Dragon gave healers more exp as well.
---
Flak Jacket: Survive multiple rockets and grenades exploding by your feet, scratch from a knife to your shin insta-kills you, seems pretty legit.
#4KantonosoPosted 2/24/2013 3:06:03 PM
abad_lime posted...
In the other games, most of my healers usually beat out some other units i used. I think rhys was the only one i had any real issues with but BEXP solved that.

I... HOW!?

Did you get someone poisoned and stalk them with heal staves for 3000 turns? How the flipping freaking frackalack do you PLAY!?

I like how they can actually level up NORMALLY now, without stupid abuse like poison or finding someone who does 1 damage and removing your weapons so you don't kill them.

And the exp they get slows down over time; I took Lissa down War Cleric to get their skills, and she started only getting 7 per heal, but at least by then she finally had a weapon to attack with.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#5CornholioamPosted 2/24/2013 3:12:11 PM
It's nice that you can level them without staff abuse but as a natural part of the game flow. Props to IS, you finally got that right.
#6teh_kyle00Posted 2/24/2013 3:22:21 PM
abad_lime posted...
I think it is too much. In the other games, most of my healers usually beat out some other units i used. I think rhys was the only one i had any real issues with but BEXP solved that.

Without BExp, Rhys would have completely fallen off the map for me.

I even with staff abuse/healing every turn, he could never keep up. I have no clue how people got healers ahead in previous games.
---
This signature is lacking in beef.
#7Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 3:36:07 PM
They need to find a nice even ground somewhere. Right now it is to much. Still I prefer this to staff abuse.

But it was so pitiful in past games especially PoR.

If they made it just slighty more then the GBA games I think I'd be happy. So long as the healers stay slightly ahead or on par with your core characters. (Because chances are they are a core character)
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#8CornholioamPosted 2/24/2013 3:40:32 PM
I remember having dancers accompany healers for unnecessary staff use, that and end chapter postponement, if that answers your question. Most of the time derailing from any real tactical gameplay.

Intelligent Systems sure knows how to create an entire generation of obsessive, compulsive people.
#9Word_of_PainPosted 2/24/2013 3:44:50 PM
The trick is to make opportunities for them to heal, like when someone gains 1 HP from leveling, or abusing higher exp staves like Rescue and whatever the version of Barrier is in this one, I can't remember the name of it. The one that increases Resistance temporarily
---
"Ill luck, this. Perhaps the next crafting will fare better."
#10MerisYakiPosted 2/24/2013 3:46:11 PM
Same thing in Radiant Dawn.. The game just took Laura away for a long time.