I want to say this isn't a "true" Fire Emblem...

#51HeiedonoPosted 2/24/2013 11:37:26 PM
azn_boy150 posted...
blueruler posted...
Just because it gives you post game content doesn't mean its not a "true" fire emblem.

That type of talk is funny with endgames nonsensical giberish (still think he secretly loves this game) but talking in a serious sense opens you up to flaming.

Its feeling more and more like the resident evil board, except the majority is defending rather than attacking

Just my two cents, not trying to be disrespectful

Infinite level grinding=/=postgame content.

I'm not sure how allowing level replays changes the entire genre of a game but if you want to call it that go ahead.
---
"If the worst comes to the worst, you can always try summoning nipples and glue. Probably vulgar though :("
PB FC:1549-9392-8987
#52azn_boy150(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 11:44:15 PM
blueruler posted...
no one says you have to grind dlc, no one says you have to boss/arena abuse, no one says you have to use that warp staff.

I enjoy being able to do things after the story, if you want to grind and grind on dlc, or abuse the arena till you have a 20/20 hector be my guest.

and IS defines what fire emblem is, not much say in that :/

The problem is, is that IS/Nintendo are really pushing the idea of level grinding. They even have a DLC made to cater specifically to that.

Heiedono posted...
I'm not sure how allowing level replays changes the entire genre of a game but if you want to call it that go ahead.

It's not just the level grinding. There are so many things that can break and trivialize the game. Nosferatu, Veteren MU, Children, SpotPass/DLC, etc.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
#53azn_boy150(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 11:45:43 PM
Going to sleep now. I'll deal with new posts tomorrow.
---
#54samplonPosted 2/25/2013 12:01:01 AM
azn_boy150 posted...
blueruler posted...
no one says you have to grind dlc, no one says you have to boss/arena abuse, no one says you have to use that warp staff.

I enjoy being able to do things after the story, if you want to grind and grind on dlc, or abuse the arena till you have a 20/20 hector be my guest.

The problem is, is that IS/Nintendo are really pushing the idea of level grinding. They even have a DLC made to cater specifically to that.

Heiedono posted...

It's not just the level grinding. There are so many things that can break and trivialize the game. Nosferatu, Veteren MU, Children, SpotPass/DLC, etc.

That's why i didn't bother elaborating. You would always disagree no matter what good arguments i make. I'm not getting paid to have a debate on this game.
#55TriceranukePosted 2/25/2013 12:03:35 AM
It honestly doesn't feel too different from any other Fire Emblem I've played, though to be fair I've only played this one, Blazing Sword and Radiant Dawn.
My first playthrough on normal, yeah I completely broke it by grinding but on my hard mode run I've decided to do as little of the Risen/Spotpass DLC as possible until done with my main game.

But it's never been hard to break a fire emblem game. In Blazing Sword, half the time it'd just be Hector blowing through crap while everyone else did **** all. And Ike could do most of his game on his own.

Pretty much any game has a way you CAN make things super easy for yourself, doesn't mean you have to.
#56MisterTelliusPosted 2/25/2013 12:06:48 AM
No one but Intelligent Systems has the authority to call any Fire Emblem game one that is not "true".
---
Nihilism was never my cup of tea.
#57CreepGnomePosted 2/25/2013 12:32:35 AM
Hey TC, want to know what other FE game had infinite grinding? FE Gaiden. The second game in the series. In fact, it was almost required if you wanted to beat the game.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#58azn_boy150(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 6:02:33 AM
samplon posted...
azn_boy150 posted...
blueruler posted...

Heiedono posted...

That's why i didn't bother elaborating. You would always disagree no matter what good arguments i make. I'm not getting paid to have a debate on this game.

You say you don't want to debate, but you entered a topic which would obviously involve debating. But not only did you come in, you also insulted me. Well from here it looks like you said something you can't defend, and now that you're being pushed into a corner, instead of leaving, you're only making things worse for yourself.

I'll do you a favor and just tell you to leave. If you don't reply to this, I'll assume you accepted the offer and have admitted that you're talking out of your a**.
---
#59azn_boy150(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 6:04:10 AM
MisterTellius posted...
No one but Intelligent Systems has the authority to call any Fire Emblem game one that is not "true".

"Obviously I have no authority to simply claim that this isn't a "true" Fire Emblem. The only reason I use the word 'true' is because that's how Endgame described it and I'm starting to agree with a little."-Me, in this very topic.
---
#60azn_boy150(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 6:08:29 AM
CreepGnome posted...
Hey TC, want to know what other FE game had infinite grinding? FE Gaiden. The second game in the series. In fact, it was almost required if you wanted to beat the game.

I know about it, but I've never played it. I do know however, that a lot of people don't like it.
---