Why so much hate...

#1BaebunniPosted 2/25/2013 7:43:47 AM
For the War Monk/Cleric and Sniper. I know I'm guilty of it sometimes, But people most people view them as useless.

War Monk/Cleric is meant to be a front-line healer. All the other healing classes including the sage are all guilty of having low defense making them unsuited to be in the rough with Generals and such. But they are meant to be a niche healer type that shouldn't be ignored. Also we have bolt axes for all those picky people.

Sniper is meant to be a Supportive Dps and Anti-Flyer. I say Supportive Dps since a Main Dps would be like Swordmasters or Generals that hold the line. Also Sniper has access Double bow which is like Longbow on crack especially if you get bowfaire that is +10 strength which makes it one of the better bows.

I'm not saying that you should pick them over other classes, But don't deny what these classes can offer! If you have something to say about my opinions please throw them my way.
#2Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/25/2013 7:45:50 AM
War cleric is a fun class to use, and I have a sniper currently, though my sniper is lagging...

A sniper with Galeforce is something to be reckoned though.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#3OmegChosenPosted 2/25/2013 7:47:17 AM
My Kjelle was pretty devastating as a War Cleric during the short time I had her as one. She kind of sucked at the healing part due to low magic though.

I've liked Snipers ever since Rebecca. I don't care if other classes have more utility, I'm always fielding a Sniper when I play.
#4ZhiharkPosted 2/25/2013 7:48:03 AM
I like snipers personally.

But War Cleric, you're taking a class that's lucky if it gets a point in defense and trying to turn it into a front line class. Bishops we're good because they got an absurd Magic, Luck, and Speed growth. Nothing touched them and they dished out massively, War Clerics try to bring up their recessive stats and use them (Defense, Strength).

I just don't see it for them.
#5KoubanPosted 2/25/2013 7:48:03 AM
I think the war cleric hate comes from most of the first gen characters with it not being that great with strength. I think it's fine on Cherche or the children characters, though.
#6IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 2/25/2013 7:50:05 AM
War Cleric is fun to use, agreed. I just tend to just use them as an inferior Fighter though. Basically it's the closest thing the females get to being a Fighter/Barbarian, though the girls who can access it tend to have low STR (Maribelle, Lissa, offset by being able to use Bolt Axes, which are purchaseable but don't seem worth the effort) or have better physical classes available (Cherche). And that would be the primary problem.
---
|N|M|E|
#7kukingina2Posted 2/25/2013 7:54:47 AM(edited)
people hate the sniper because it can't counterattack melee meaning its really a hassle to grind for without the EXP DLC but they can become monsters when paired up (like a Noire with galeforce)

as for war cleric... renewal is really great or people like kjelle or nah that can take so many hits

its just that nobody wants to be a war cleric as a final class especially since you can go sage or falcon knight for healing with better offensive capabilities or mobility

now trickster... that class I see no reason to get EVER
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#8TwilightWolf000Posted 2/25/2013 7:51:09 AM
I love my Noire Sniper. I originally wanted her as a mage, but my god she absolutely wrecks things with her long bow and Killer Bow.
---
GT: TwilightWolf000 PSN: SquireRamza
Black 2 FC: 1206 7052 5893
#9welkin_gPosted 2/25/2013 7:52:30 AM
Baebunni posted...

War Monk/Cleric is meant to be a front-line healer.

That's just silly. You don't need front-line healers. Your healers shouldn't be getting hit repeatedly because you are in control of your units and you are not allowing that to happen. Also, physic staves exist.

Sniper is meant to be a Supportive Dps and Anti-Flyer. I say Supportive Dps since a Main Dps would be like Swordmasters or Generals that hold the line. Also Sniper has access Double bow which is like Longbow on crack especially if you get bowfaire that is +10 strength which makes it one of the better bows.

So they chip in with a potshot during the player phase while being worthless in the enemy phase. Big deal. Meanwhile everyone else on your team is taking part in two, three times more battles because they can counterattack.

FE:A Double Bow is lame.
#10KoubanPosted 2/25/2013 7:54:22 AM
kukingina2 posted...
now trickster... that class I see no reason to get EVER

Agreed. Anna's the only character I liked as one, and she'd have been better as a sage in the file where I used her.