Why so much hate...

#11578t7645uyb5Posted 2/25/2013 8:04:39 AM
I love War Clerics because they get that Rejuvinate skill which heals 30% of their HP per turn.
---
Xenoblade is the spiritual successor of FF12.
999 and Zero Escape both deserve are Visual Novels to DIE for.
#12BhelliumPosted 2/25/2013 8:36:13 AM
welkin_g posted...
Baebunni posted...

War Monk/Cleric is meant to be a front-line healer.

That's just silly. You don't need front-line healers. Your healers shouldn't be getting hit repeatedly because you are in control of your units and you are not allowing that to happen. Also, physic staves exist.

I don't think you understand the purpose of a frontline healer.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#13welkin_gPosted 2/25/2013 8:47:56 AM
Bhellium posted...
welkin_g posted...
Baebunni posted...

That's just silly. You don't need front-line healers. Your healers shouldn't be getting hit repeatedly because you are in control of your units and you are not allowing that to happen. Also, physic staves exist.

Front-line healers are safety valves for noobs who can't keep their healers safe.
#14Baebunni(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 8:50:26 AM
Bhellium posted...
welkin_g posted...
Baebunni posted...

Thank you. It's the difference between a doctor and an paramedic. Paramedics might not be trained enough to help them completely, but they are there first to help out.

And if you throw out that using a potion stuff which isn't bad, but that costs 1 turn for a potentially powerful and dangerous character. Using a potion on a character with galeforce you are basically wasting 2 turns.

And for the sniper comment about not countering is an issue. But any character that has a bow equip can't retaliate. That is why there are walls in this game.

And about the trickster has the same problem as war monk/cleric they are meant to be frontline healers rather then take damage they dodge attacks.
#15magic_kidPosted 2/25/2013 8:55:28 AM
I use both, though largely because I couldn't resist the novelty of War Cleric for Lissa, and Virion ended up getting amazing levels. I'm not exactly a Fire Emblem expert or close, so I just play according to my whims.
#16welkin_gPosted 2/25/2013 8:56:47 AM
You do realize you can cast a heal from like 25 tiles away, right?
#17Flourescent15Posted 2/25/2013 8:59:56 AM
The reason why people hate Snipers so much is that they are not as OP as the other classes. Yes, they are designed a certain way and they can't be horrible.

But, they basically lack action during an enemy phase which hurts their performance to people who play the game efficiently.

They are also outclasses by Mages who can attack during an enemy phase and can also deal with fliers with wind magic.

I like Snipers, but I realize that they are not going to be a "great" class in the game unless they are improved upon.
---
"Who can know if the path we choose is right or wrong? I will fear no reproach." - Tactics Ogre: LUCT
#18RaikuFAPosted 2/25/2013 9:07:08 AM
I use my war cleric as a pure healer yet have it keep an axe with it in case someone attacxks it so t can fight back.

And don't tricksters have a very high dodge?
---
Keep playing. You can get Jesus Satan and a huge dick on your team all at the same time. -The Forest Moogle on Persona 3
#19Baebunni(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:17:08 AM
welkin_g posted...
You do realize you can cast a heal from like 25 tiles away, right?

Okay so you are talking about Physic Fortify Catharsis And Goddess Staff which are harder to get then Heal Mend Recover and Balm wood staff, Don't last as long and the fact that Hammerne is also a single range staff.

My point is not to make every single healer into a trickster or war cleric/monk which seems to be what everyone is hearing for god knows why. But Everyone seems to not want to even consider them at all as a possible healer option it's just basicly go with Valk or Sage or you are wasting time.