Can I get some feedback on my Noire setup?

#1neon_xPosted 2/26/2013 12:27:19 PM
So, I was just thinking about some possible set-ups for a strong sniper, and I think I came up with something interesting. Tell me what you guys think.

Tharja x Gregor

Noire [Sniper]

HP: 80
Str: 44
Mag: 33
Skill: 50
Speed: 42
Luck: 42
Defense: 43
Res: 30

Skills: Anathema | Gamble | Vengeance | Astra | Bowfaire

What I'm thinking is that Anathema and Gamble help with increasing her critical hit (aimlessly trying to restore Sniper's to their former glory). Since her skill is at 50, Vengeance is guaranteed to activate on every hit. Since the way the game works is that it checks for Astra first, if Astra doesn't Proc, Vengeance will hit 100% of the time. Bowfaire for obvious reasons. I plan on giving her a forged Killer Bow / Forged Brave Bow. Armsthrift isn't really necessary because of Golden Gaffe.
---
360 GT: NeonToasterX3
#2welkin_gPosted 2/26/2013 12:29:51 PM
neon_x posted...

What I'm thinking is that Anathema and Gamble help with increasing her critical hit (aimlessly trying to restore Sniper's to their former glory). Since her skill is at 50, Vengeance is guaranteed to activate on every hit. Since the way the game works is that it checks for Astra first, if Astra doesn't Proc, Vengeance will hit 100% of the time. Bowfaire for obvious reasons. I plan on giving her a forged Killer Bow / Forged Brave Bow. Armsthrift isn't really necessary because of Golden Gaffe.

Basically, snipers are terrible. It's terrible for units with high speed, skill, and str., and it's marginally worse for Noire, who inherits Tharja's modifiers. And Vengeance is not guaranteed anything, because people will hit her at melee range.
#3Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/26/2013 12:31:48 PM
Definitely have Gregor pass down Counter from the Warrior class. That coupled with Vengence will ensure death of all kinds. In this case, get rid of Anathema, it's not too needed.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#4neon_x(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 12:37:19 PM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
Definitely have Gregor pass down Counter from the Warrior class. That coupled with Vengence will ensure death of all kinds. In this case, get rid of Anathema, it's not too needed.

The thing is I want to keep Gamble on Noire for the increased Crit rate. Gregor will have to pass on Gamble. :c
---
360 GT: NeonToasterX3
#5Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/26/2013 12:49:25 PM
neon_x posted...
Brady672_AT_fan posted...

The thing is I want to keep Gamble on Noire for the increased Crit rate. Gregor will have to pass on Gamble. :c

Oh yeah, I forgot gamble was male exclusive...

Well, I believe the boost from gamble is not worth it compared to counter, but if you really want the extra crit boost, the build is fine.

If all you care about is Gamble, you could also use Vaike as a dad, he gives a slightly better strength modifier.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#6DonGambiniPosted 2/26/2013 12:54:05 PM
I can provide my Noire set up

Father Donnel passed counter skill... pegasus and troubadour classes

she then gets Gale force via Dark flier and Renewal through war Cleric

and her main job.. Sorcerer... you see where I'm going with this
---
Live GT- Karellioni, PSP2- Ichiro lvl 200 Newman Citrine lvl 200 Cast
use valid game created data for all my sessions.
#7kukingina2Posted 2/26/2013 12:57:26 PM(edited)
il replace astra or vengance with tomebreaker.... so she can be that anti-range support unit

maybe add galeforce since greg gives access to dark flier

who am I kidding drop bow faire and make her a sorc hahaha
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047