Assassin or Swordmaster for Lon'qu?

#1Tbon110Posted 2/26/2013 5:14:15 PM
I've gotten all the skills from the base classes for him, but I'm unsure of which of these to go for next. I know Assassin has Lethality and I really need a bow user, but Swordmaster has Astra.
---
The greatest evil is the indifference of good men.
#2EvilStorm238Posted 2/26/2013 5:15:20 PM
Assassin. You get a lot of potential Swordmasters. Plus, the use of bows and Lethality is too good to pass up.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#3KushalaFriendPosted 2/26/2013 5:15:54 PM
Swordmaster has much better skills, get them, then reclass to Assassin.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TRbMB.jpg
Typical quest with a Pr0 Hunter
#4MarioLinkGenofaPosted 2/26/2013 5:16:33 PM
Swordmaster for astra and sword expert, then reclass to assassin as quickly as possible.
---
ROW ROW Fight Da powah
Cheap is an idiots word for effective.
#5free3keysPosted 2/26/2013 5:16:52 PM
Assassin's are just overall better in this game. Get the skills from swordmaster and then reclass to assassin afterwards.
---
Tutturu~
#6TkShotPosted 2/26/2013 5:17:36 PM
I made my Lon'qu to Assassin because it was overall better stats and I love lethality and being able to use the bow but now I kinda wish I went to Swordmaster and then Assassin.
---
Lightning x Lumina is overrated!
it's ALL ABOUT dat Barthandelus x Hope x Ultros
#7Hirokey123Posted 2/26/2013 5:18:55 PM
Swordmasters have better skills and Assassin's have better caps+bows. So it's basically a balance where you go swordmaster for skills and then switch to assassin for caps and bows.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#8EvilStorm238Posted 2/26/2013 5:19:20 PM
TkShot posted...
I made my Lon'qu to Assassin because it was overall better stats and I love lethality and being able to use the bow but now I kinda wish I went to Swordmaster and then Assassin.

I may reclass my Lon'qu to Swordmaster just for the Swordfaire skill, but overall, as an Assassin, he pretty much dominates.
---
"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience."~Ulyaoth (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
#9The Fir CoatPosted 2/26/2013 5:23:32 PM
If you go Assassin you owe it to yourself to take him through thief first, those skills really help.
---
======,-' . . . . \###/ . . . .__. . . . ,'======= Auto Phoenix?!?
=====,-' . . . . . . . . . ./###\ . . ,'======== I'm boned!!
#10Blingya25Posted 2/26/2013 5:30:01 PM
I will always love Swordmaster regardless!!

My next run, I'm going to make an all out Swordmaster Army!! (At least as much as possible xD)
---
That's how goddamminity damn good that god damn game is. - AC (GCN)