A real life situation involving FE:A.

#1Muppet VaderPosted 2/27/2013 4:35:26 PM
What would you do? - Results (725 votes)
Pursue the investigation which would lead to someone spending 20 years in prison.
86.21% (625 votes)
Forget about it and hope whomever took it has fun with your super awesome save file.
13.79% (100 votes)
This poll is now closed.
BLOGFAQ incoming, you've been warned.

So, I have a dentist appointment, I think to myself, "I'll play some FE:A while I wait." Which I do. After my appointment, I head to the bank to make a deposit, while I'm there, I'm playing my 3DS in line... All is right in the world.

Teller calls me up, I close my 3DS (which has my 50 hour Lunatic + 2nd playthrough on deck), at this time my phone rings.

Well, I set my game down the counter in front of the teller, take my phone call, make my transaction and walk out.

By the time I realized I left my machine at the bank, I go back and it's gone.

No one turned it in to lost and found.

So, now I have to deal with bank security because it wasn't an intentionally abandoned item and it's valued over 100 dollars, so it's considered theft within a federal institute.. And they're telling me that if I chose to pursue it, the person that took the item will spend, at MINIMUM, 20 years in prison.

Fact is, they'll clearly see who took it on the video cameras, and because it was someone that made a transaction at the bank or a relative of someone that did, they'll be caught as soon as I say word "what".

I asked my sister, who is a lawyer if this is a true fact dealio and she said it most certainly is. This is actually a very serious offense.

I was thinking about it, and I'm not entirely sure that I'd want to send someone to prison over snatching my video game. I told the bank manager I wasn't interested in knowing who took it, that I just want it back. She told me to get it back would mean that someone would definitely go to prison.

I already replaced the machine and game but the whole situation bugs me.

I mean if I saw someone leave valued property by accident, I'd be like, "HEY DOOD, YOU LOST SOMETHING!"

I told the bank manager to give me a day or two to think about it.

What would you do in my case?
---
"36: God of overlords"
#2Is_CorruptedPosted 2/27/2013 4:38:40 PM
Today they steal a videogame, tomorrow they steal TVs in a store.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#3guedesbrawlPosted 2/27/2013 4:39:18 PM
they are criminals, jail them. if it was something like, say, a plate of food, okay; the guy might be hungry and don't have the money to afford it. something like stealing a 3ds is a life-and-death situation. it's a petty theft. punish them while you still are able to.

and they either have one already or are ignorant: it should have no battery after a while.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#4CreepGnomePosted 2/27/2013 4:39:55 PM
Put that piece of trash in prison. It's your duty as a citizen.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#5falugalobPosted 2/27/2013 4:41:36 PM
Dude, you need to activate the trap card and watch them scream as their lifepoints tick down to zero.
---
PSN:Falugalob
#6Noerah4evaPosted 2/27/2013 4:41:40 PM
Prison for them. My sense of justice says no one is above the law. Punish the lawbreakers.
#7123pizza2Posted 2/27/2013 4:42:53 PM
It's still theft you know? I'd say prison.
---
I am on the quest for teh mighty Cheese Puff! Join me! Number of people who wish to quest with me:42 We have a Castle! We are at the pinnacle of our strength!
#8DoomerangPosted 2/27/2013 4:44:41 PM
Someone willingly took your system with no hesitation, and it's not exactly hard to tell that it's worth several hundred dollars. The laws regarding theft are equally as obvious, and he was a moron for stealing it in a well-secured facility. He completely deserves the jail time.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#9KittenLinaPosted 2/27/2013 4:44:52 PM
Go after them. It's most likely the teller. If it is, get them fired!
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#10Lylat_CruiserPosted 2/27/2013 4:45:08 PM
...I AM JUSTICE!! - Patrokokkaklos
---
The only thing that stops a bad guy with an axe is a good guy with a sword!