A real life situation involving FE:A.

#11AurolisPosted 2/27/2013 3:48:11 PM
This is ridiculous. Yes, it was an illegal act and yes it's wrong and the the thief deserves to receive some amount of justice. And sure the law may say 20 years is warranted in this case. But is it really? 20 years for a fairly petty theft?
#12CreepGnomePosted 2/27/2013 3:49:59 PM
And sure the law may say 20 years is warranted in this case. But is it really? 20 years for a fairly petty theft?

Yes.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#13DoomerangPosted 2/27/2013 3:50:47 PM
This is ridiculous. Yes, it was an illegal act and yes it's wrong and the the thief deserves to receive some amount of justice. And sure the law may say 20 years is warranted in this case. But is it really? 20 years for a fairly petty theft?

It can take a while to earn that money for a system, not to mention the game and the data on the card. Whether or not the punishment is high, the thief wouldn't be put in the situation had he not been a scumbag.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#14FlyingDeCowPosted 2/27/2013 3:52:39 PM
I'd ask Chrom for help. He has a pretty simple policy for dealing with bandits.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#15Muppet Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 3:52:39 PM
Aurolis posted...

That's my line of thinking as well. My conflict lay in the fact that ideally, I'd have my property returned and be like, "No harm, no foul." But because it happened in a Federal bank, that option isn't given to me.

It's all or nothing.
---
"36: God of overlords"
#16holyknight14Posted 2/27/2013 3:52:49 PM
Sounds fake.
#17CreepGnomePosted 2/27/2013 3:54:34 PM
Aurolis posted...

That's my line of thinking as well. My conflict lay in the fact that ideally, I'd have my property returned and be like, "No harm, no foul." But because it happened in a Federal bank, that option isn't given to me.

It's all or nothing.

Why? S/He stole your property. S/He does not deserve to be treated with the same level of dignity as a normal person.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#18MC_STAAVYPosted 2/27/2013 3:55:24 PM
Send him to jail man. If he is successful as a thief once, who's to say he won't be successful again stealing something else?

I personally agree that 20 years in prison for this is extremely harsh. But, it's the law and justice should be served. If we have a problem with the time spent in prison, bring it up at court. Or give your representative a phone call asking if they could possibly change the law, making petty theft not as big of an offense. Cause yeah man, 20 years? That's like my entire life lol!
---
Brawl FC: 1032-0931-6818
#19Muppet Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 3:55:25 PM
holyknight14 posted...
Sounds fake.

Wish it was fake. Really, I do.
---
"36: God of overlords"
#20KittenLinaPosted 2/27/2013 3:55:53 PM
Muppet Vader posted...
Aurolis posted...

It's all or nothing.

Consider this.

By stealing your 3DS, the now thief gains the courage to tackle bigger and better things. It may just be a 3DS now, but what if you left your car keys there?

What if the next time this happens the person leaves their car keys there.

It.
Never.
Gets.
Better.

The ONLY recourse for this matter is to show them this way is NOT Acceptable. It may be harsh at first, but it will ALWAYS lead to bigger and badder things. ALWAYS.
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.