DLC Up Yet?

#111DoomerangPosted 2/28/2013 11:51:40 AM(edited)
Yeah, there is, actually. They want to keep people playing for a long time, so that they don't sell the game or trade it in quickly.

Selling a single, several-minute stage per week for a game that, at a normal pace, can be finished in 20-ish hours is a terrible marketing strategy. These guys also assumed that people would have the same patience for game releases for the 3DS when it first came out, thinking that the Mii games and release-day games would keep people satisfied for half a year, and look how that worked (hint: it didn't).
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#112CarefreeDudePosted 2/28/2013 6:10:09 PM
So nintendo hasn't replied to my question but has sent me an email asking me to do a customer satisfaction survey. lolwat
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#113GraylinPosted 2/28/2013 6:23:34 PM
Just now got the spotpass message stating that EXPonential growth is available. No ther dlc maps this week
---
Captain Hammer threw a car at my head.
#114Hirokey123Posted 2/28/2013 6:24:23 PM
CarefreeDude posted...
So nintendo hasn't replied to my question but has sent me an email asking me to do a customer satisfaction survey. lolwat

Say your very unsatisfied with out the DLC release has been handled.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#115SazukeEXPosted 2/28/2013 6:24:28 PM
Doomerang posted...
Yeah, there is, actually. They want to keep people playing for a long time, so that they don't sell the game or trade it in quickly.

Selling a single, several-minute stage per week for a game that, at a normal pace, can be finished in 20-ish hours is a terrible marketing strategy. These guys also assumed that people would have the same patience for game releases for the 3DS when it first came out, thinking that the Mii games and release-day games would keep people satisfied for half a year, and look how that worked (hint: it didn't).

It's better than releasing it all at once and overwhelming players and push people away when they see the full price.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#116CarefreeDudePosted 2/28/2013 6:33:32 PM
Alright got the official response. Basically its just that they released exponential growth this week for those who didnt buy the pack
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#117jonnovision1Posted 2/28/2013 6:36:16 PM
CarefreeDude posted...
Alright got the official response. Basically its just that they released exponential growth this week for those who didnt buy the pack

pretty sure that's been known since like 5 hours ago, at least someone posted about it saying the same thing around that time.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#118Lazydude9270Posted 2/28/2013 9:06:23 PM
This makes me very sad because this would be the last DLC I would get to play before I leave for basic training on Tuesday :(
#119rey2Posted 2/28/2013 10:24:37 PM
CarefreeDude posted...

So we wait another week then.