DLC Up Yet?

#61Jstretch19Posted 2/28/2013 10:46:39 AM
Maybe Nintendo is thinking that if they release DLC slower it'll keep people playing their game longer? Not a smart thought process, but it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo actually thinks like that.
---
Screw GS
#62spyke252Posted 2/28/2013 10:48:13 AM
CarefreeDude posted...
Not to mention even people not terribly good at the game will beat it in a couple weeks. Beyond doing harder difficulties, and getting supports, there isn't much to do with the post game. sure you could make tough streetpass teams, but its pointless simply due to the fact anyone who gets your team can simply use pair up and mop the floor with yours.

Or just recruit using money.
Or just buy items.

I've started dismissing teams I don't like the looks of their MUs, if they don't have anythign good to buy.
#63EricxcPosted 2/28/2013 10:48:31 AM
Jstretch19 posted...
Maybe Nintendo is thinking that if they release DLC slower it'll keep people playing their game longer? Not a smart thought process, but it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo actually thinks like that.

If nintendo were smart, they would release more DLC while people are still interested in the game.
---
:3
#64CarefreeDudePosted 2/28/2013 10:48:32 AM
Well, look at skyrim. Most of the DLC came out over a year after its initial release. As much as I loved skyrim, I haven't felt a desire to go back and try the DLC simply because I've moved on.... and skyrim isn't exactly a game you can just pick up and go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#65CarefreeDudePosted 2/28/2013 10:49:46 AM
spyke252 posted...
CarefreeDude posted...
Not to mention even people not terribly good at the game will beat it in a couple weeks. Beyond doing harder difficulties, and getting supports, there isn't much to do with the post game. sure you could make tough streetpass teams, but its pointless simply due to the fact anyone who gets your team can simply use pair up and mop the floor with yours.

Or just recruit using money.
Or just buy items.

I've started dismissing teams I don't like the looks of their MUs, if they don't have anythign good to buy.

I've only gotten a few streetpass things anyways, from someone who lives in my apartment building. he hasn't actually made a streetpass team yet, so all i get are lame outrealm order teams.
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#66fueled-systemPosted 2/28/2013 10:50:01 AM
Jstretch19 posted...
The only thing Nintendo has going for such a stupid strategy is the lack of games coming out but even so it is a stupid strategy and it seems like they would make more having 2 packs at a time updating each week.

By the time the challenging dlc/bride etc comes, most people are gone
#67tw1g_007Posted 2/28/2013 10:50:36 AM
Moved on to which other game? If you are not playing Etrian Odyssey by now you won't be playing any blockbuster title till Pokemon X/Y anyway.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#68SamuraiLloydPosted 2/28/2013 10:53:24 AM(edited)
This is really strange. A lot of content was expected this week and instead of giving access to Infinite Regalia, Lost Bloodlines 2 and the Dread Fighter class, they give us one map that people who bought the Golden Gaffe pack already have access to. It wouldn't be so bad if they gave us access to one new thing but they didn't.

I would say "at least there is Walhart" but I can't even say that since Spotpass won't update yet.
---
"I just beat Mag-Freaking-Neto! Where yo curly mustache at?!" - Deadpool
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
#69DairunPosted 2/28/2013 10:51:33 AM
Jstretch19 posted...

You mean except for the bit where a good portion of their sales are gonna be a couple of months after the initial game release and that staggered DLC releases do indeed keep people interested in the game for longer? It's amazing how many people think they're smarter than the people that have access to the sales numbers based purely on anecdotal evidence and what they want to happen.

Also, it's not even noon yet in the majority of the US. Wait a bit people. Yeesh.
#70KalanyrPosted 2/28/2013 10:51:46 AM
I'm noticing a disturbing lack of.spot pass too. Surely they aren't going to do 3 or 4 weeks between Spotpass maps