Rate the Skill, Chapter 16: Defender and Aegis.

#11guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 7:29:01 PM
wheeere is my gaaaame?!?!?
*cries*
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#12PKMrevolutionPosted 2/28/2013 7:31:34 PM
Aegis is A rank; the perfect tank character requires it and useful on pegasi/wyvern variants too.

Defender is D rank; the boost is barely noticeable.
#13MarbiaachPosted 2/28/2013 7:32:37 PM
Defender - D Rank. With the bonuses you'll be getting from pair up, +1 isn't noticeable.

Aegis - A Rank. Half damage from Bows and Tomes (Which aren't TOO common, but they do pop up frequently enough.) is really good. Especially if you plan on switching to a Dark flier for Galeforce.
---
Black 2 : [Marvin] [FC: 0777 2092 3156]
#14Smash MasterPosted 2/28/2013 8:14:16 PM
C for both. Defender is okay if you don't have All Stats +2, but if you do its useless. Aegis can be useful in a pinch, but even then you're still relying on a % chance activation. If it were a 100% activation (damn Lunatic+...) or even something like "Activates 100% if full damage would be fatal", it'd be way higher.
---
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx
#15Sentinel07Posted 2/28/2013 8:16:40 PM
I give Aegis an A. It's helped out considerably with some of my units where Resistance is pretty low.

Defender gets a B. It's got it's uses.
#16RedMageKirbyPosted 2/28/2013 8:25:00 PM
Defender: C. The stats are nice, but nothing special.
Aegis: B. Halving damage is nice, especially from magic. It's a shame that the other two are either the weakest weapons or almost totally nonexistent, though.

Also, I just realized that my votes yesterday were under the assumption that there was an E rank. Unless we can make an E rank tier specifically for Indoor Fighter, which should be a tier below Outdoor, but then Luck + 4 should probably be there too, so it doesn't really work. Oh well.
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#17RikiazPosted 2/28/2013 8:35:22 PM
Defender gets a D rank. +1 is almost nothing. It should give +1 to the lead unit when the Paladin is supporting, would make it more useful in my eyes.

Aegis however, A rank. Tomes may not be too common on enemies but they are stronger in this game than any other Fire Emblem due to Resistance being the lowest stat for just about everyone.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#18xKYSxPosted 2/28/2013 9:03:42 PM
Aegis - A

this skill is wonderful, by the time you have max skill for most characters it'll already be at 50% activation rate. and being able to half damage is a worthy skill IMO. unfortunately not having aegis+ brought it down to A. However if the game never included aegis+ I'd rank it S lol.

Defender - C

decent skill but +1 all stats and no it doesn't add movement. isn't all that great, hell you get better bonus through pair up already so you better off using that skill slot you have on something more beneficial.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#19KoubanPosted 2/28/2013 9:13:48 PM
Defender D
Aegis A
#20SiegedEaglePosted 3/1/2013 1:10:41 AM
Defender: B for me. It's got its uses, but it's mostly left as filler. Definitely being replaced by Limit Breaker once Rogues and Reedeemers is out, though at the rate DLC comes out, I might have to wait until April or May. Oh well...

Aegis: A. Like Pavise, it's wonderful to have an ability that cuts as much damage from a foe as possible. Despite magic not being so common, when it's there, it's there and it hits HARD (not because of the power, but because most of your characters have little Res. Better have Paladins, Valkyries, pegasi and Donnel ready!). Good, but not as good as Pavise.
---
In the name of the Fang, I sentence you to death.
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv212/IIIIFIREBIRDIIII/tf2-futurama.jpg