So is this the best fire emblem yet?

#11Model_OmegaPosted 3/1/2013 7:48:12 AM
I put it inbetween FE5 (#1) and FE4(now #3).
If I can log 100+ hours into this game and not be turned off then I think it's pretty great.
---
Flak Jacket: Survive multiple rockets and grenades exploding by your feet, scratch from a knife to your shin insta-kills you, seems pretty legit.
#12Cactuar512Posted 3/1/2013 8:16:52 AM
Nope, but it just barely misses it. FE7 is still my favorite.
---
PSN: Fredfredburger51
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#13bcoulter1994Posted 3/1/2013 8:17:30 AM
it depends, great characters and interesting plot but parts are told vary poorly and it real needs fleshing out. the difficulty is vary customizable and is very good in hard/normal play throughs but lunatic is broken. (its impossible untell you break the the difficulty at wich point its no longer a challange.) I love it in spite of these flaws but the poorly designed and fleshed out story means im skipping through the cutsecnes i liked the first time. For me thats the biggest problem.
---
The first game i remember playing is OOT so Im the best kind of biased
#14xKYSxPosted 3/1/2013 8:22:13 AM
Wouldn't really say this is my #1 but definitely top 3. along with FE7 and FE9.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#15Jprime666Posted 3/1/2013 8:27:46 AM
adamolden posted...
Depends on how you play it, I think. Being able to grind makes any difficulty trivial, and the pairing and children system makes it easier as well since it makes some terribly broken characters. Class changing was simplified, which I like, but also makes for a system that is easy to abuse by switching classes to re-level for maxing stats. The TONS of FREE spot pass characters and maps is great, and the paid DLC is pretty good, though three of the maps you get give you unlimited exp, gold, and legendary weapons, which makes the game entirely too simple. But overall I love the game, with custom avatar and choosing who to pair up, the support dialog, all the free weapons and items you get from barracks, etc. It's fun and exciting. Though, that feeling is fading quickly unfortunately. Future DLC and challenges seem worth the wait, and running on Lunatic and Lunatic+ really tests your nerves, and keeps the game's longevity, so long as you avoid grinding.

All in all, while I enjoyed playing the old FE, especially the GBA ones, I find I enjoy Awakening more. I relied on save states for the GBA games quite often to get me out of having to replay whole levels when a unit dies. With Awakening I have to soft reset and rethink my strategy, but usually in the end I just end up dropping whatever unit keeps dying and tanking the level with my avatar and chrom and their spouses or children. Some characters are just plain glass cannons.

You kids and your save states! Back in my day we kept people with carefully planned strategy. I miss the days of carefully checking each enemy in range before I made my move. You rarely need to be careful now when everyone is basically a silver equipped god.

Lets not how sorcers are invincible.
---
Check out my channel if you like Let's Plays/walkthroughs. Currently doing DmC, fire Emblem, and Strike Suit Zero
https://www.youtube.com/user/Jprime777