Rate the Skill, Chapter 17: Luna and Dual Guard+

#1guedesbrawlPosted 3/1/2013 5:29:22 PM(edited)
This game would be very funny if skills like Luna were exactly like they were in Radiant Dawn.

Posted before I got the results from the last C, had to delete and start over. Thank God for copy-pasting goodness

-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
-------------------

Another shared promotion, meaning the next part is bigger than usual.

-------------------

Characters that start with Luna and have no access to Great Knight: Priam

Characters that can learn either skill: Chrom, Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Ricken, Lucina, Brady, Kjelle, Kellam, Sumia, Tharja, Basilio, Flavia, Walhart, Cynthia, Noire, Avatar, Morgan.

Characters that can Inherit the skills and the class required: Owain, Inigo, Severa, Gerome, Yarne, Laurent, Nah.

-------------------

The second half of Aether, Luna! It's another offensive % skill, and when it activates, your attack will ignore half of the enemy's Defense/Resistance stat. It's activation formula is Skill%

This is very cool and can make an otherwise weak attack very strong and can be an effective counter against tanks, and can be specially good later in the game, where enemies have a good defense, letting you dish much more damage than you should have. I give it an A.

The second skill is Dual Guard+. This skill adds 10% to the Dual guard activation rate.

Dual Guard is the exact opposite of Lethatlity: the supporting unit of a paired up team will block the incoming damage completely. It has low chances of happening.

Dual Guard's activation rate is the sum of both units' Defense/Resistance divided by 4. The support rank between both units gives a small increase (2% for C, 5% for B, 7% for A and 10% for S).

Eh, with capped units, Limit Breaker, S rank support and a few other things to boost the stats (Pair up giving a bonus by itself), it can go over 50%. It would get an S, but since the bonus is small, while still significant for what it's worth...I give it an A.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2Col_MobiusPosted 3/1/2013 5:30:01 PM
I agree. A for both of these.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#3Deoxys_PrimePosted 3/1/2013 5:32:58 PM
A for Luna. It's always pretty good. Not S worthy because if Aether is on S I don't know how I could put Luna there too.

A for Dual Guard+. Dual Guarding saves my life so often even without this bonus. It really helps round out support characters.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#4bearclaw13Posted 3/1/2013 5:36:33 PM
Luna-A., this skill is very underrated and can give a sizable damage boost.
Dual Guard+-A, Dual Guard is broken and I like having any boost.
---
Pride comes before a fall. Which means humility comes after a fall. So humility has something to do with skinned knees.
#5spyke252Posted 3/1/2013 5:45:11 PM
A for both.
#6Pitbuller_26Posted 3/1/2013 5:46:09 PM
A for Luna and Dual Guard+
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1749.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png
#7KoubanPosted 3/1/2013 5:48:16 PM
Both A
#8Rideps1Posted 3/1/2013 5:48:35 PM
Col_Mobius posted...
I agree. A for both of these.

Me as well.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
An RNG'd Gangrel on the FE:A boards.
#9Smash MasterPosted 3/1/2013 6:03:50 PM
A for both here as well.
---
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx
#10xKYSxPosted 3/1/2013 6:06:37 PM
Luna - A

great skill for something that activates off your skill without cutting it in half.

Dual Guard+ - S

this skill helps out soooooo much 10% for DG+ is wayyyyyy better then DS+. I can't remember how many times it saved me.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.