What's the deal with new games?

#1BlackBeetleborgPosted 3/1/2013 7:46:52 PM
I just beat the game, and a window popped up saying that I could use renown in another save. Can I not use the same save slot to start a new game, or do I have to start on a new slot?

On another note, will deleting my current playthrough get rid of anything that transfers to the new game?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc
LoL - BlueberryHuggles
#2BlackBeetleborg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 8:09:05 PM
>.>

....C'mon now....
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc
LoL - BlueberryHuggles
#3AzighaIPosted 3/1/2013 8:12:32 PM
Can't do a true ng+. Not sure about the deleting question but I assume as the new files current renown will be factored by the highest renown in another slot that if there is no other slot that value would be 0.
---
Arguing on the Internet is similar to the special Olympics, no one wins and everyone looks disabled.
#4WebbOMGPosted 3/1/2013 8:16:18 PM(edited)
Once you begin a new game your highest recorded renown (whenever you bet the game with the most renown) and your Avatar logbook will carry over. You're free to delete your old save if you want.
#5WebbOMGPosted 3/1/2013 8:15:15 PM
Be aware that any gained renown at this point will NOT be recorded unless you beat the game again AFTER gaining said renown.
#6HodouPosted 3/1/2013 8:18:49 PM
And WHAT's the deal with traffic lights? You got somewhere to be, but you can't go anywhere because a red light said so. The light says you can't go, so you'll just have to wait! Who made HIM the king of the intersection, am I right?
#7MunchkinatorPosted 3/1/2013 8:20:29 PM
WebbOMG posted...
Once you begin a new game your highest recorded renown (whenever you bet the game with the most renown) and your Avatar logbook will carry over. You're free to delete your old save if you want.

This is probably unnecessary, but I can confirm what this guy posted. I deleted a 40+ hour save to test this and Renown/Logbook/etc stayed completely fine.
---
Another day, another unsuccessful genetic abomination!
#8CloudflierPosted 3/1/2013 8:20:31 PM
Hodou posted...
And WHAT's the deal with traffic lights? You got somewhere to be, but you can't go anywhere because a red light said so. The light says you can't go, so you'll just have to wait! Who made HIM the king of the intersection, am I right?

You deserve a cookie for that. Shame I'm all out.
---
Common sense - isn't.
#9AzighaIPosted 3/1/2013 8:21:55 PM
Hodou posted...

Hahaha. Nice.
---
Arguing on the Internet is similar to the special Olympics, no one wins and everyone looks disabled.