why the Griffon Rider hate?

#1kenshindonoPosted 3/2/2013 2:51:02 AM
Maybe its because i havent played enough but im just wondering why i keep seeing people bash griffon riders. A lot of tier threads seem to list them as the worst.

Just wondering.. why? They dont seem that bad looking at the stats and skills. Am i missing something?
---
"Don't worry, the worst that could happen is we all die"-Jade/TOA
#2MogKnightAzurePosted 3/2/2013 3:09:56 AM
I wouldn't list them as worst but they dont stand out. They're sort of the in-between of Falcon Knights and Wyvern Lords. Except Griffon Riders still have pretty poor strength, and their speed isn't anything to write home about. Finally, it's a shame they can only use axes.
#3AtmaboyPosted 3/2/2013 3:19:22 AM
If they could use swords I would've definitely gotten one, but alas..
---
SS: Will, 5371 5669 1950
#4TehTrumpCardPosted 3/2/2013 3:33:43 AM
Lancebreaker is the only reason to reclass into one.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/bsa9f6c
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#5Slayerblade11Posted 3/2/2013 3:59:01 AM(edited)
It's outclassed by the other flyers. It's one of those mediocre classes where you only go into to grab skills and then reseal into a better class.
#6Devil_Killer_JCPosted 3/2/2013 4:54:33 AM
Atmaboy posted...
If they could use swords I would've definitely gotten one, but alas..

^That. All things considered, they should have been able to use swords (which would make them similar to the FE7-FE8 Wyvern Lords), but nope. They are forced to use axes, and their DEF is crap compared to the Wyvern Lord. Hell, their SPD isn't much better than a Wyvern Lord either.

I do like the look of the class though. I hope they have griffon rider in the next FE game, just as a base class and the ability to use swords when they promote (and possibly something that makes them stand out, like high STR/SPD or something).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#7DragonDeoxysPosted 3/2/2013 5:44:58 AM
They are actually kind of similar stat wise to wyvern lords but with more speed, not as fast or fragile as the pegasi line. Awesome unit, also because griffons are one of my favorite mythologycal beasts. I think they are very good in combat as well.
---
Black FC: 4126 5167 3147
Black 2 FC: 0562 5475 2074
#8Rizaadon007Posted 3/2/2013 5:49:22 AM
Made a couple of my units go griffon rider for the +2 movement when paired up. Useful friggin' skill right there.
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
#9welkin_gPosted 3/2/2013 6:11:27 AM
Wyvern is the better standalone class by a large margin, considering its large Str. and Def. lead, but Griffon is better as a support class. Notwithstanding the +2 Mov skill, Griffon gives +1 Mov along with some luck, str and def. Griffon Rider also has more caps at 40+ than Wyvern, meaning you're likely to get 1 more each of Skl and Spd from having a Griffon as your pair.

In sum, Griffon gives you 1 Mov, 1 Skl, 1 Spd, and 1 Lck more than Wyvern, in exchange for 2 fewer Def and 1 fewer Str. A clear win for Griffon.
#10DragonDeoxysPosted 3/2/2013 6:13:08 AM
welkin_g posted...
Wyvern is the better standalone class by a large margin, considering its large Str. and Def. lead, but Griffon is better as a support class. Notwithstanding the +2 Mov skill, Griffon gives +1 Mov along with some luck, str and def. Griffon Rider also has more caps at 40+ than Wyvern, meaning you're likely to get 1 more each of Skl and Spd from having a Griffon as your pair.

In sum, Griffon gives you 1 Mov, 1 Skl, 1 Spd, and 1 Lck more than Wyvern, in exchange for 2 fewer Def and 1 fewer Str. A clear win for Griffon.

As a bonus, Griffons make everything even more awesome.
---
Black FC: 4126 5167 3147
Black 2 FC: 0562 5475 2074