Forging

#1HarpyladyPosted 3/2/2013 8:45:19 AM
Hiyas

Just picked up the game last night, Iam on chapter 7 / 8 havent been able to put the game down since i got it! (Had to go digital since no store here had it). Anywho! Wanted to learn more about forging, Whats the point of Forging normal weapons? I mean they still have limited number of uses or does Forging make them 'new' again with a full 40 uses? Thanks in advanced for nay help!
---
No matter what happens, even if you become the world's enemy, I'll be your knight. ~ Stiener FFIX
#2AtmaIlluminaPosted 3/2/2013 8:52:21 AM
Forging weapons is extremely useful in the game depending on what mode you're playing on. It's practically required for higher difficulties as well as some of the Bonus Teams (Ashnard, Eliwood, etc.).

The uses do not replenish, however, you can forge as many times as you like... provided you have the pockets.
---
Cast light upon the darkened earth. Save those lost in despair. O' mighty ocean, guide us as we journey through the darkest pit of night....
#3DavzzPosted 3/2/2013 8:54:30 AM
You forge to increase your weapon stats, not to repair its uses or anything.
---
http://ontlogy.wordpress.com/
"Don't blame me, blame yourself or the RNG."
#4Harpylady(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 9:00:50 AM
Interesting, Sooo i could spend 10,000 gold on say a Killer lance or something for 30 uses and it wouldnt repair >_> That sucks, Do i ever get more items that have inf uses?
---
No matter what happens, even if you become the world's enemy, I'll be your knight. ~ Stiener FFIX
#5ToeppnerPosted 3/2/2013 9:06:48 AM
I've only come across two unlimited use weapons and both are story related. Killer equipment eventually becomes available in shops later in the game so don't worry about that. Unless your using the gold dlc or on a harder difficulty then I'd personally wait till later to forge as its really not essential for normal/hard runs of the main story. However if you have the gold dlc then go crazy feeling way overpowered is why most of us play RPGs anyway ;)
#6ToeppnerPosted 3/2/2013 9:08:19 AM
Oh and there is a single use staff that restores durability that you'll get end game, but its normally something to save for very rare items