Why does everyone hate Taguels?

#1ExcaliburPosted 3/2/2013 11:22:36 PM
I'm seeing a pretty strong dislike for Taguels around here, and I'm not really sure why. My Panne ALWAYS doubles and can take out pretty much any enemy on her own. She dodges most everything thrown at her, and when she does get hit, it's not for much damage, and I can easily patch her up with a single shot of a Heal staff before letting her run off again to cause more havok.

So why is that considered bad? Does she suffer some weird sudden quality dropoff further into the game?
---
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.
#2SmugglinMooglesPosted 3/2/2013 11:23:22 PM
yiff in hell
---
My arms hang like wet ropes.
#3RDS1Posted 3/2/2013 11:23:46 PM
No ranged attack.
#4ChromKirbyPosted 3/2/2013 11:23:58 PM
Nowi/Nah/Tiki fetishes.... but people still like Yarne's critical sayings... I think...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bkEtc2i4hY
#5MAtt5TERPosted 3/2/2013 11:24:36 PM
1. Have you seen Panne's growth rates? Panne has among the best growth rates.
2. Beastbane is very, very useful.

3. Lack of Range 2 automatically makes Taguel bad.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#6Excalibur(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 11:26:25 PM
...Lack of range? Really? Despite the fact that most all weapons in the game are range 1?
---
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.
#7jonnovision1Posted 3/2/2013 11:26:46 PM
I don't hate them, I actually like them, and 1-range lock isn't actually that bad when most enemies attack at 1 range anyways.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#8Huff n puff 20Posted 3/2/2013 11:28:01 PM
No Range 2, Too Close to Sub Human Trash, Generally Weak compared to everything else, Panne has somewhat bad class options (Truth be told, She NEEDS Wyvern Rider over Peg Knight. Lancebreaker >> Galeforce for Taguels).
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#9KantonosoPosted 3/2/2013 11:31:28 PM
Excalibur posted...
...Lack of range? Really? Despite the fact that most all weapons in the game are range 1?

Only swords (and even then, there's a very few limited options) and Beaststones (no options) are limited to 1 range. A berserker, for instance, can wield a Silver Axe + Tomahawk combo. A Pegasus Knight? Silver Lance + Spear. Panne gets no ranged option at all as a Taguel.

Don't get me wrong. Rabbits are among my favorite animal, and what essentially amounts to a "bunny laguz" is freaking amazing. But this game goes out of its way to facilitate the viability all attack ranges (Can you even GET Tomahawks and Spears beyond one or two rare drops in the other games? Point being, you're NOT just limited to hand axes and javelins) and Taguels have nothing to show for it.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#10Segmented OdinPosted 3/2/2013 11:44:48 PM
Kantonoso posted...
Excalibur posted...

Only swords (and even then, there's a very few limited options) and Beaststones (no options) are limited to 1 range. A berserker, for instance, can wield a Silver Axe + Tomahawk combo. A Pegasus Knight? Silver Lance + Spear. Panne gets no ranged option at all as a Taguel.

Don't get me wrong. Rabbits are among my favorite animal, and what essentially amounts to a "bunny laguz" is freaking amazing. But this game goes out of its way to facilitate the viability all attack ranges (Can you even GET Tomahawks and Spears beyond one or two rare drops in the other games? Point being, you're NOT just limited to hand axes and javelins) and Taguels have nothing to show for it.

I've yet to ever even find a Tomahawk. I just give them Helswathe and save my Hammerne for that.