My thoughts on level design SPOILERS

#1CaptainRandom1Posted 3/3/2013 11:49:09 AM
On my first playthrough I did think that all the levels were kind of boring except for the volcano and the boat. On this playthrough I am doing the children paralouges and I am amazed at how impressive and thought provoking the children paralouge level design is. I think that many of the people complaining about the level design has probably not played all the amazing sidequests.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691Official leader of the Monster Hunter 4 board
http://i39.tinypic.com/35lhp53.jpg
#2Hirokey123Posted 3/3/2013 11:57:30 AM
I've personally found all the maps in the Walhart saga pretty awesome. You've got the port with the docked ship, that enclosed canyon area, a tiny boat nearly completely surrounded on all sides by enemy boats, a harbor with a beach, that cool tree level, etc... Then in addition all the child paralogues will unlock in this saga and their maps are really cool. The maps in the Gangrel Saga were pretty awesome to actually. But the third saga leaves something to be desired.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#3typhone004Posted 3/3/2013 12:00:10 PM
My favorite level was the one with the magic users spawning on the sides that you couldn't reach that forced you to move through the level. They weren't a giant threat, but it was a little risky to sit back and let more than 5 attack you in one turn.
---
GT: SidewaysHorizon
Tin Crystallization Catalyst of the Xbox 360 Dark Souls board.
#4CaptainRandom1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 12:06:56 PM
typhone004 posted...
My favorite level was the one with the magic users spawning on the sides that you couldn't reach that forced you to move through the level. They weren't a giant threat, but it was a little risky to sit back and let more than 5 attack you in one turn.

Oh I loved that level. Can't wait to play it again but with mire tomes.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691Official leader of the Monster Hunter 4 board
http://i39.tinypic.com/35lhp53.jpg
#5MajorasMask9Posted 3/3/2013 12:07:21 PM
I remember writing a reply to a post a while back about how I felt the Paralogues really blew the main story Chapters out of the water in terms of level design and just the general ideas behind them, but I'm a bit lazy to fully restate what I said back then. It's really a shame that some of the best maps in the game were pushed aside as side-missions that people may not even play. I know I didn't play through the majority of Paralogues in my first playthrough, and I really regret that.
---
Fierce Diety Link is the best Link people who agree: 128