Which Fire Emblem out of 4-13 is the best?

#61WestbrickIIIPosted 3/3/2013 6:42:52 PM
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
My focus isn't on whether the majority of the cast is usable (and I think it can be in FE6), but on class variety. Pretty much every really good character in FE7 is a swordsman or sage, save for Hector, who is a lord with a Prf weapon. Meanwhile, FE6 has highly usable berserkers, fliers, and valkyries.

I'm seriously confused. Priscilla is a High Tier character. Hawkeye is one of the best prepromotes. Florina and Fiora are both High Tier, and Heath, Vaida, and Farina are all very much usable.

More importantly, many classes that aren't useful in FE6 are in FE7. See: Oswin.

I provided a concrete example of a character who is commonly accepted to be low tier who is quite usable for FE6. In particular, she has a sole weakness (Spd) that is quite remediable by stat enhancers and she can support with Gonzales, who is high tier.

Most would't agree. Lilina has horrid base stats and terrible speed growth. By comparison, a Low Tier FE7 character like Louise is still rather good.
#62OrangeCrush980(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 7:45:29 AM
I can't believe the best Fire Emblem is only in second place.
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#63frozenJaganshiPosted 3/4/2013 7:51:38 AM
Whoever voted shadow dragon I feel sorry for you.
---
Guardian Cross: Saderic
#64OrangeCrush980(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 5:23:18 PM
I can't believe Shadow Dragon actually got a vote
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#65Teh_TiltyuPosted 3/4/2013 5:25:01 PM

because it has alvis theme without needing DLC
---
"English isn't socially relevant or visceral any more." - Pesmerga255
#66Xenesis XenonPosted 3/4/2013 5:31:08 PM
Path Of Radiance is easily the best.

It's the only FE game that's compelled me to beat it more than two or three times (Eg, beyond the finish it on normal, finish it on hard or whatever). It also benefits from absolutely sterling map design.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#67OCShoesPosted 3/4/2013 5:35:04 PM
Sorry, all, but I had to vote for Thracia. For whatever reason I just enjoy that one the most, so I'd have to say it's the best. If it's any consolation 7 was an incredibly close second :P

Cactuar512 posted...

Ike was awesome in FE9. They dropped the ball on him in FE10.

Couldn't agree more.
---
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. -Charlie Chaplin
#68UmuruPosted 3/4/2013 5:38:11 PM
Voted 8 because it is the best... at getting certain people to respond very negatively. :)
#69supershyguy65Posted 3/4/2013 5:38:49 PM
Path of Radians is the most mathematic FE, so it gets my vote.

I'm sorry, but why is RD doing so well?
#70DemiseEndPosted 3/4/2013 5:50:40 PM
If you think most Swordsman are Top tier in 7 your simply wrong

Guy is mid IIRC and he's total crap (for me)
Lyn is high, still pretty crap
Eli is Mid-High and is a wuss

And easy comparison

FE6 Low tier is Wendy
FE7 Low tier is Nino

What did I hear about low tier ballance being worse in 7 again?
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it