Rate the Skill, Chapter 19: Rally Defense and Pavise

#1guedesbrawlPosted 3/3/2013 5:17:35 PM
It was Defense all along...heh. Didn't expect last chapter to be that lively, considering the skills in question...

-Skill Ranking-

S Rank:
*Aether (Great Lord,Lv5)
*Veteran (Tactician,Lv1)
*Armsthrift (Mercenary,Lv1)

A Rank:
*Rightful King (Great Lord,Lv15)
*Ignis (Grandmaster,Lv5)
*Rally Spectrum (Grandmaster,Lv15)
*Sol (Hero,Lv5)
*Astra (Swordmaster,Lv5)
*Aegis (Paladin,Lv15)
*Luna (Great Knight,Lv5)
*Dual Guard+ (Great Knight,Lv15)

B Rank:
*Dual Strike+ (Lord,Lv1)
*Axebreaker (Hero,Lv15)
*Vantage (Myrmidon,Lv10)
*Swordfaire (Swordmaster,Lv15)
*Locktouch (Thief,Lv1)
*Movement +1 (Thief,Lv10)
*Lethality (Assassin,Lv5)
*Lucky Seven (Trickster,Lv5)
*Special Dance (Dancer,Lv15)

C Rank:
*Solidarity (Tactician,Lv10)
*Patience (Mercenary,Lv10)
*Avoid +10 (Myrmidon,Lv1)
*Pass (Assassin,Lv15)
*Acrobat (Trickster,Lv15)
*Discipline (Cavalier,Lv1)
*Defender (Paladin,Lv5)
*Defense +2 (Knight,Lv1)

D Rank:
*Charm (Lord,Lv10)
*Luck +4 (Dancer,Lv1)
*Outdoor Fighter (Cavalier,Lv10)
*Indoor Fighter (Knight,Lv10)

-------------------

I really miss General Wallace's chained axe God of War Bull ****. Lol, if you got this reference, it means you've read the best Fire Emblem Fic EVER, also known as Spellbinding Radiance.

But seriously. Best non-crit, non-legendary animation of the GBA games...and it's still a top contender with those considered.

-------------------

Characters that can learn either skill: Kellam, Kjelle, Frederick, Sumia, Tharja, Basilio, Flavia, Walhart, Cynthia, Noire, Avatar, Morgan.

Characters that can Inherit the skills and the class required: Owain, Inigo, Brady, Severa, Gerome, Yarne, Laurent, Nah.

-------------------

The first normal Rally skill of this series: Rally Defense! Whenever you activate the Rally command, all allies at least 3 tiles away from you are going to receive a Defense +4 bonus. Using the Rally will end that unit's turn, and the boost itself is only for that turn.

Most enemies in the game are physical attackers, and not everyone is going to have a good Defense, so this skill sure is handy. This can be specially good for slow units, who will get doubled but will not receive as much damage.

The only thing, is that it takes a little planning to maximize the bonus, by getting some units around the user. Said user won't do anything else for the turn, but Galeforce or a Dancer might help that unit. Still, while I think that sacrificing a single attack to get everybody alive is worth it, it's not on par with Rally Spectrum, so it earns a B rank.

Pavise is also a defensive skill, and one with an activation rate (it's Skill%, by the way). When it activates, all damage from Swords, Lances, Axes and...Beaststones..are halved.
Levin Swords, Shocksticks and Bolt Axes are also affected by this skill.

As i previously mentioned, most enemies are physical attackers, so it's really useful. Generals aren't the best users of this skill, though. Still, it's too useful to be anything lower than A rank.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2heavylobsterguyPosted 3/3/2013 5:30:09 PM
Rally Defense: B

Pavise: A

Don't feel like explaining since I am on my phone.
---
The official Slime of the Super Smash Bros Wii U Boards
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
#3MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/3/2013 5:36:01 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
I really miss General Wallace's chained axe God of War Bull ****.

*reads sentence*

Holy crap, someone else who reads it! I love that story!
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Claims the Speed Booster. SHINE-SPAAARRRKKK!!!
#4guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:36:44 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
guedesbrawl posted...
I really miss General Wallace's chained axe God of War Bull ****.

*reads sentence*

Holy crap, someone else who reads it! I love that story!

It's awesome, isn't it?
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#5NidtendofreakPosted 3/3/2013 5:38:01 PM
Rally Defense: C

Its not Rally Speed, Strength, or Magic so it can't be B, and it's certainly not Rally Spectrum at A rank. Honestly, stopping a character's offense to boost another's defense isn't really worth it to me. Much rather boost their offense at the start of the turn and go from their if I'm going to bother with a Rally.

Pavise: S

Pavise is like Aegis, except that it applies to a much larger percent of the weapons in the game.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#6xKYSxPosted 3/3/2013 5:40:55 PM
Rally Defense - C

great way to boost all of your units defense for that turn. squishy characters become less squisher!

Pavis - A

It's tied with Aegis. only thing stopping it from S rank is that most of the time you're looking at a coin flip assuming you have your units capped on skill.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#7Deoxys_PrimePosted 3/3/2013 5:44:39 PM
Pavise - A
- A solid way to reduce incoming damage on a unit. It's certainly not something to rely on though.

Rally Defense - B
- I'm not a big fan of rally skills, but I like the defense boost here. It's not Spectrum, but I'm a defense fiend.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#8MajorasMask9Posted 3/3/2013 6:06:21 PM
Rally Defense: C
---
Fierce Diety Link is the best Link people who agree: 128
#9Smash MasterPosted 3/3/2013 6:17:58 PM
Rally Defense: C. Rally skills in general are kinda meh, especially if the character has class options like Myrmidon's promotions.

Pavise: B. Really nice when it triggers, but thats the thing; it needs to trigger. (Lunatic+ is, naturally, unfair about this...)
---
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx
#10Pitbuller_26Posted 3/3/2013 6:20:52 PM
Rally Defense: B
A lot more physical attackers as someone said plus more defense means less hurting or dying.

For some reason I really don't like the defense skills being activated via percent. Since Aegis got an A, this one has to get one too.
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1749.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png