Rate the Skill, Chapter 19: Rally Defense and Pavise

#11RaltriosPosted 3/3/2013 5:23:08 PM
Rally Defense: B

It's one of the better Rally's, and would be a great way to support your team when facing a potential cluster***. And it would make a Rally Spammer all the more potent.

Pavise: S

It's esseantially the greatest defensive skill in the game, covering the most common bases you'd expect to see. Excellent activation rate on top of that and this skill makes Tanks physically invulnerable.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991
#12guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 6:19:36 PM
Bumper Balls. who get's this cookie...?
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#13GhebPosted 3/4/2013 7:07:18 AM
Rally Defense: C

Pavise: A

And I only read Fanfic written by Naggy.
---
*Is Gheb*
#14Segmented OdinPosted 3/4/2013 7:13:05 AM
Rally Defense - C

Not a big fan of the Rallies, and by the time you get Rally Defene it is pretty far off from when you really need it (Early game Lunatic/L+)

Pavise - A

I'm not a fan of the Skill% activation, but with a relatively high skill this still cuts down on incoming damage by a good margin.
#15bladedaxePosted 3/4/2013 7:22:26 AM

Only A, since it's proc chance is limited to the units Skill, which even with Limit Breaker will essentially make it about 50-58% chance of activating. Definitely useful in Lunatic, since everyone hits like a boulder.

Rally Defense: C

At the cost of a single turn that you could have used to instead destroy the enemy, you get 4 Defense.
---
You get the option to skip the tutorial stuff, so you'll start right at the balls. - Jabodie
#16BigMeatyClawzPosted 3/4/2013 8:46:52 AM
Pavise - S

Half damage from the all melee weapons? Yes please.

Rally Defense -C

Not Rally Speed, Spectrum or Love (these get an A if stacked. B otherwise). Offensive Rallies are better than defensive ones.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2hP4u.gif
http://i.imgur.com/9EALy.gif
#17guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 8:59:37 AM
bump.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#18arvilinoPosted 3/4/2013 9:05:30 AM(edited)

Defense is always useful, there can be an exponential rise on the number of enemies you can take on in a single round of combat from a fixed increase in defense, which results in increasing offense at the same time.

Pavise: C

I actually don't think it's as good as Rally defense, it halves Sword/Axe/Lance damage but can't prevent it and only on a chance basis rather than Rally Defense which can aid to outright prevent damage. It's only really effective when a character is taking a huge amount of damage, but because it's not certain to activate it's risky.
#19Alanna82Posted 3/4/2013 9:42:04 AM
Rally Defense is a B- its saved me a few times
Pavise- A- half damage is nice.
---
Happily married to Wiggumfan267 on Valentines day, 2005.
#20BlueDryBones1Posted 3/4/2013 10:04:56 AM
I know from experience that this does make a good enough difference between life and death on weaker allies. In Lunatic tons of enemies will swarm you on their phase and most being physical this helps alot I'd give it a A rank but its nowhere near as good as Rally Spectrum so B

Not that useful on Generals except for the Magic weapons but thats what reclassing is for. Its really useful if your trying to make a tank as when you reach caps you'll be having that activate 40-50% of the time. Throw in a breaker skill and you can remove a weakness.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^