I hope the archers in the next FE will be like the ones in New Mystery.

#1Meifumado9Posted 3/3/2013 5:40:28 PM
That was a game where you wanted chip damage and to stay away from counters.
#2ArreiPosted 3/3/2013 5:45:26 PM
Isn't that less to do with the archers themselves, and more to do with your units being unable to dodge worth a damn until much later?
#3DemiseEndPosted 3/3/2013 5:47:23 PM
And more Draug is WTFamazing
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#4Meifumado9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:23:23 PM(edited)
Arrei posted...
Isn't that less to do with the archers themselves, and more to do with your units being unable to dodge worth a damn until much later?

Aka the enemies don't suck that much compared to the playable characters. Hence you wanting to not be countered and you chip.
#5Will_UnderscorePosted 3/3/2013 7:22:32 PM
I want archers like FE10 double bow shinon.
---
And all the feeders and trolls will look up and shout "Carry us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper "No"
#6IlluminaZer0Posted 3/3/2013 7:36:14 PM(edited)
FE12's archers sucked. Pretty much every unit had inflated move aside from archers, and there was no pair/rescue system to ferry them either. Archer's 5 movement is extremely debilitating in a game where mounted units regularly have a minimum of 9 movement.

Meifumado9 posted...
Arrei posted...

Aka the enemies don't suck that much compared to the playable characters. Hence you wanting to not be countered and you chip.

If you don't grind 13's hard is pretty comparable to 12's hard. Actually, I think it may be more difficult due to how much more aggressive enemies are in FE13 compared to FE12. That and FE12's awesome Pegasus knights + lenient reclass. Bunch of archers in a stage? Just reclass the Pegasus knights to Cavaliers for a stage!

I hear FE13's lunatic is more or less designed with grinding in mind. Which I appreciate, as my second playthrough will be a Lunatic sandbox + bonus content playthrough.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#7Meifumado9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:39:47 PM(edited)
The poster above didn't play Lunatic or Lunatic Reverse.

And grinding is part of the game. Saying it's as hard if you handicap yourself is making excuses.
#8HodouPosted 3/3/2013 7:42:17 PM
Meifumado9 posted...
The poster above didn't play Lunatic or Lunatic Reverse.

And grinding is part of the game. Saying it's as hard if you handicap yourself is making excuses.

Nonsense. If this was the way people looked at things, every JRPG in existence would be incredibly easy because you could theoretically grind to level 99 before fighting the first boss. Don't be silly.
#9Meifumado9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:59:56 PM(edited)
Still, saying the archers in New Mystery "sucked" gives away not going through the Lunatic modes.

Neither Draug, Ryan, or Jeorge were bad units. Sirius isn't bad as a sniper either.
#10guedesbrawlPosted 3/3/2013 8:00:24 PM
i want archers to be like rebecca. a dodge machine that doubles everything and still does great damage when she doesn't.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6