Favorite Fire Emblem Character.

#1Uru_ZephPosted 3/3/2013 6:50:40 PM(edited)
What's your favorite Fire Emblem from any of the games and why? Preferably not one of the main characters, but if you feel one of the mains simply must be your favorite then go with it.

My favorite is Matthew from Fire Emblem 7. Every time I recruit him his dialogue with Eliwood makes me laugh, and after playing the whole story, it has also become bittersweet. He's such an upbeat, likable guy, and you think he's just a simple thief in it for fun and money, but then you learn about his secrets, and his ability to remain cheerful and try to make others laugh becomes even more appreciated. The scenes near the end of the game between him and Leila are some of the most memorable in the series for me.

Another reason I like Matthew is because, when I first used him, it felt like I had to do a lot of babysitting. I'm glad I stuck with him though, because that's when I first learned that Fire Emblem likes to take some of the "worst" classes in the beginning of the game and make them incredible in their later levels, and godlike once they've classed up. At least, that used to be what Fire Emblem did; now it seems like the creators try to make absolutely everyone equal out, or at least entirely viable, in the end.

*Edit*
They "why" in the question is very important. I'd really prefer it if this topic didn't just turn into a bunch of name-throwing, because reading a list of Fire Emblem names is about as exciting as it sounds. If you post why you like your character, that gives more people the chance to relate with your post, share in the memories, and reply. :)
#2EstheimasterPosted 3/3/2013 6:38:54 PM
Only played 12 and 13, and of them Owain is my favorite, with Lucina coming in second.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#3SamuraiLloydPosted 3/3/2013 6:40:34 PM
I've only played Awakening and Sacred Stones so my overall experience is low. But so far, I've got to say Lucina is probably my favorite character.
---
"I just beat Mag-Freaking-Neto! Where yo curly mustache at?!" - Deadpool
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
#4Uru_Zeph(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 6:47:37 PM
Owain and Lucina are pretty awesome. What do you like about them?
#5MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/3/2013 6:49:25 PM
Haven't beaten Awakening, but my current favorite FE character is Mia. I just love her personality, she's of my favorite class branch, she rocks on my playthrough, and she has the added benefit of being both cute and hot.

I think that's enough reasons for justification.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Claims the Speed Booster. SHINE-SPAAARRRKKK!!!
#6Uru_Zeph(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 6:55:27 PM(edited)
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Haven't beaten Awakening, but my current favorite FE character is Mia. I just love her personality, she's of my favorite class branch, she rocks on my playthrough, and she has the added benefit of being both cute and hot.

Oh my goodness, Mia was fantastic. Once I got her classed up and leveled up, she just dropped the pwnhammer on everything xD. However, my favorite Fire Emblem myrmidons probably go to either Marisa or Joshua. While Mia is kinda cute, Marisa is quite a bit more attractive in my estimation. It also helps that Marisa looks like she could actually be eighteen, while Mia looks to be sixteen at the oldest.
#7SwampertOwnsPosted 3/3/2013 6:55:48 PM
How can I be expected to answer such a question?! THERE'S JUST TOO MANY I FRIGGIN' LOVE!!! I can, however, provide a list of some of my favorites.

Joshua
Ephriam
Lyon
Natasha
Franz
Gerik
Marisa
Myrrh
Ike
Boyd
Oscar
Rhys
Mia
Zihark
Ilyana
Nephenee
---
"To be defeated is to lose everything. Are you prepared for that outcome?" - Hawke, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
#8Uru_Zeph(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:00:24 PM
SwampertOwns posted...
How can I be expected to answer such a question?! THERE'S JUST TOO MANY I FRIGGIN' LOVE!!! I can, however, provide a list of some of my favorites.

Joshua
Ephriam
Lyon
Natasha
Franz
Gerik
Marisa
Myrrh
Ike
Boyd
Oscar
Rhys
Mia
Zihark
Ilyana
Nephenee

I apologize, but you should at least try to narrow it down to three xD. That way you can give brief explanations for your selections. If you can't pick from your favorites, maybe pick at random?
#9MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/3/2013 7:05:19 PM
Uru_Zeph posted...
MetaFalconPunch posted...

Oh my goodness, Mia was fantastic. Once I got her classed up and leveled up, she just dropped the pwnhammer on everything xD. However, my favorite Fire Emblem myrmidons probably go to either Marisa or Joshua. While Mia is kinda cute, Marisa is quite a bit more attractive in my estimation. It also helps that Marisa looks like she could actually be eighteen, while Mia looks to be sixteen at the oldest.

My problem with Marisa is that she was so emotionless. I loved Joshua, but sadly he is not female so no attraction factor. Definitely my second favorite Swordmaster.

And Mia's age doesn't bother me because I am relatively the same age as her (around 16). And that's assuming she is sixteen.

And yes, she definitely drops the pwnhammer on everything.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Claims the Speed Booster. SHINE-SPAAARRRKKK!!!
#10poptartcaperPosted 3/3/2013 7:10:33 PM(edited)
Roy, Hector and Joshua are my favorites.
Edit: I forgot Sain and Nolan...